Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

No
    No likey, No openey.

I dip in every now and then to see how things are going and then I wish that I hadn't. Kind of like my very rare visits to After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Yes, but he's still great
    Mark Cavendish is a Dope.

(Hungrycol threads the fine line of the boards charter and banning with the omission of one tiny letter).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭happytramp

No
    Hungrycol wrote: »

(Hungrycol threads the fine line of the boards charter and banning with the omission of one tiny letter).

You're right of course. But he's not nearly as obvious a dope as Wiggins. In fact aren't the vast majority of pro cyclists dopes? ;)

No
    Raam wrote: »
    Please spare us and close it now. Thanks.

Why bother. Five more vaguely related ones will grow back in it's place. "Pat McQuaid must die", "Poll - Paul kimmage better than Jesus?", etc etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Hungrycol wrote: »

happytramp wrote: »
    You're right of course. But he's not nearly as obvious a dope as Wiggins. In fact aren't the vast majority of pro cyclists dopes? ;)

I drew this picture to illustrate your current position:
    picture.php?albumid=1042&pictureid=14461

*Not really, I'm just bored. :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

No
    Hungrycol is waaaaay bigger than that!

No
    It's kind of like a crappy version of 'Catchphrase' :D

Although, the trees and green outline around the muck are rather nice. You've obviously got serious microsoft paint skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

further proof Lance was still lying during the Oprah interview

Christophe Bassons

1999 Tour

Stage 10 occurred on July 14 and was from Sestrieres to Alpe d'Huez. Nobody had been talking to him. The entire peloton planned to ride slow for the first 100km without telling him. Bassons only heard about this because a mechanic from his team told him. Bassons decided he was "fed up" and decided to ride ahead of the others ("attacked from the start"). As they came to a flat spot, "all of the teams rode together to close me down". As the teams rode by him, they stared at him.[8]

" . . . and then Lance Armstrong reached me. He grabbed my by the shoulder, because he knew that everyone would be watching, and he knew that at that moment, he could show everyone that he was the boss. He stopped me, and he said what I was saying wasn't true, what I was saying was bad for cycling, that I musn't say it, that I had no right to be a professional cyclist, that I should quit cycling, that I should quit the tour, and finished by saying [*beep*] you. . . . I was depressed for 6 months. I was crying all of the time. I was in a really bad way." - Bassons, from BBC Radio 5, 2012 10 15[8]

Bassons said Armstrong also asked him why he was speaking out; "I told him that I'm thinking of the next generation of riders. Then he said 'Why don't you leave, then?'"[9] Armstrong confirmed the story. On the main evening news on TF1, a national television station, Armstrong said: "His accusations aren't good for cycling, for his team, for me, for anybody. If he thinks cycling works like that, he's wrong and he would be better off going home."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

No
    Emma O'Reilly will be on "The Late Late Show" tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭fat bloke

No

And according to twitter so is david walsh, if you can tolerate the rest of the lls this portion might be decent.

Watch in amazement as with practiced ease, Tubridy sucks the very life and marrow from the bones of these two fascinating guests and their sensational story, like an insatiable, characterless black hole of anti-personality.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fat bloke wrote: »
    Watch in amazement as with practiced ease, Tubridy sucks the very life and marrow from the bones of these two fascinating guests and their sensational story, like an insatiable, characterless black hole of anti-personality.

Do you reckon they have every answer down to a tee now at this stage? They probably know which question it is two words in. To be fair, the Late Late isn't the type of show to be getting technical on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

So, what will Tubridy ask???

'Emma, your role as a massuese brought you quite close to Lance - did you ever fancy him....?'

'David, why does cycling seem to be the only sport that has a drug problem?':rolleyes:

Can't be any worse than his interview with Richard Dawkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

No
    Any idea when they are on as I'm losing the will to live sitting through the current rubbish on the show

ashleey wrote: »
    Any idea when they are on as I'm losing the will to live sitting through the current rubbish on the show

On in a minute

Up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭corny

No
    Ryan Tubridy doing his best to ruin the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

No
    corny wrote: »
    Ryan Tubridy doing his best to ruin the interview.

Thought he did well. Made the interview about them and how it effected them and not about how dirty cycling is or L.A. A novel aaproach for the mainstream media

I'll give Tubridy credit for that. Not much more we could have learned after Walsh gave plenty of interviews this week but it was good to watch anyway. Interesting signal from Walsh regarding a possible interview with Armstrong.

I reckon O'Reilly would be good craic on a night out.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

kinda got the impression that david walsh would be to soft spoken for an interview with lance armstrong.
    mind you 1 million for an interview is peanuts to armstrong so david walsh will never do an interview with him .

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

No
    kinda got the impression that david walsh would be to soft spoken for an interview with lance armstrong.
    mind you 1 million for an interview is peanuts to armstrong so david walsh will never do an interview with him .

If he does it'll be after Armstrong talks to WADA and the Feds. I reckon he kept alot of what he knows as calateral for when the big boys want to talk to him.

I know what your saying about Walsh, but his style would avoid a shouting match, which could cloud the real issues and he'd get answers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

drogdub wrote: »
    If he does it'll be after Armstrong talks to WADA and the Feds. I reckon he kept alot of what he knows as calateral for when the big boys want to talk to him.

I know what your saying about Walsh, but his style would avoid a shouting match, which could cloud the real issues and he'd get answers.

Would prefer to see Kimmage interviewing him.. doubt that would happen though.

Was disgusted to learn that Armstrong dug up a story about Walsh's dead son and used it against him. Lowest of the low that guy is. Tubridy did ok but the way he asked were you sued to Emma O reilly made me wonder if he was actually aware of the lawsuits by Armstrong on Walsh and O Reilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

No
    Is it just me or has another no vote been cast since yesterday? This is ridiculous. We all know the truth. Time to close the poll to prevent stupidity and pi$$ taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,579 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

After watching the LLS part with Walsh and O'Reilly I looked up the last time Walsh was on in 1992 with Stephen Roche. Can't really recall it for the time but it certainly makes interesting viewing based on the LA case.

Pretty much all Stephens answers are the same used by LA, never failed a test, don't look at the high numbers because there is lower numbers aswell, no answering if he ever met the doctor in question etc etc.

The abuse he got from the audience is funny (in hindsight) and must have been very uncomfortable for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v0qlliFq8U

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,130 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No
    Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Is it just me or has another no vote been cast since yesterday? This is ridiculous. We all know the truth. Time to close the poll to prevent stupidity and pi$$ taking?
    Why? There have been 11 votes of "No" since Oprah made it clear that Armstrong had confessed. It's a public vote and not that difficult to work out who they are. 1 vote in well over a thousand is not going to change anything so far as the poll is concerned - do you really think there's going to be a late surge with the No catching the Yes vote? The real piss taking will be if someone actually starts posting that they still believe he is innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

No
    Beasty wrote: »
    Why? There have been 11 votes of "No" since Oprah made it clear that Armstrong had confessed. It's a public vote and not that difficult to work out who they are. 1 vote in well over a thousand is not going to change anything so far as the poll is concerned - do you really think there's going to be a late surge with the No catching the Yes vote? The real piss taking will be if someone actually starts posting that they still believe he is innocent.

Come to think of it i think its diguisting how pressure from media and sporting anti doping agencies forced a man who never tested possitive into falsly admitting to doping just to satisfy a public hunger.

An upstanding member of the sporting frateriny reduce to emotional and financial ruin, for what?? Because proven dopers(therefore liars!) pointed the finger??

Once the real conspiracy a against Lance gets exposed he WILL have his titles re-instated!!

And ... We're back in the real world :)

Delighted he finally came clean, it vindicates so many people who had been treated like scum outcasts!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Flandria

No
    Never failed a test...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ciarán_R

No
    he beat the **** out of cancer with just pure willpower!
    his charity has done loads for cancer research!
    he's a walking miracles
    awesome athlete
    over 9000 drug tests and never failed
    on his bike 6 hours day
    cleaner than new snow
    everyone's just jealous, bitches be crazy man.

During his career, Lance Armstrong took more drug tests than every other athlete in the world combined and never tested positive: FACT!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No
    In all seriousness can this poll be closed? I mean he has actually admitted it himself at this stage so its a fact rather than speculation.....

Unless the UCI, WADA, USADA, Paul Kimmage, David Walsh, Betsy Andreau, Emma O Reilly, the entire cycling and international press and even Lance Armstrong are in fact lying.....

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    In all seriousness can this poll be closed? I mean he has actually admitted it himself at this stage so its a fact rather than speculation.....

Unless the UCI, WADA, USADA, Paul Kimmage, David Walsh, Betsy Andreau, Emma O Reilly, the entire cycling and international press and even Lance Armstrong are in fact lying.....

They've done it before :pac:

Advertisement