Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-usada-in-possession-of-positive-armstrong-samples

French TV show claims American agency retested Armstrong's samples
    Stade 2, the weekly television sports show by France 2, claims that the American Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is in possession of blood samples from Lance Armstrong, which they have retested and have now come back positive for performance-enhancing drugs

Interesting !!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

No
    Hermy wrote: »
    Plagiarist!:pac:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/repo...strong-samples

apparently usada have .....

only messing :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

No
    :D:D:D

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No
    Hermy wrote: »
    Plagiarist!:pac:

doh-homer-simpson-doh--large-msg-123569393438.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

No
    The Times (UK) has bits of Hamiltons new book in it today - makes out Lance & Co were 2 years more advanced in their doping regime than his competition. It's behind a pay wall online but a stroll into Eason etc will get you the article.

Also covered by the IT. Is it still journalism if they're just reporting what their UK counterparts have reported?

Most surprising thing is the use of Cockney rhyming slang for EPO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

No
    CheGuedara wrote: »
    Also covered by the IT. Is it still journalism if they're just reporting what their UK counterparts have reported?
    Yep. Most of the IT's soccer coverage is provided by the Guardian

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

No
    Say!
    Wanna go training with Tyler??

(em...website may need updating)

"Train one-on-one with Olympic gold medalist Tyler Hamilton as your personal cycling coach.
    My professional work ethic and dedication to the sport of cycling, along with the THT™ programs will help you to realize your potential as a cyclist.
    As my client, you’ll experience the results of a true champion. Feel the thrill of endless reserves as your competition fades behind you. Optimize your natural talents; train your weaknesses and eliminate fruitless efforts.
    The secret is a systematic approach, utilizing varied workout sessions. Train with the same proven techniques perfected in the professional peloton."

http://www.tylerhamilton.com/programs.html

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

No
    furiousox wrote: »
    Say!
    Wanna go training with Tyler??

(em...website may need updating)

"Train one-on-one with Olympic gold medalist Tyler Hamilton as your personal cycling coach.
    My professional work ethic and dedication to the sport of cycling, along with the THT™ programs will help you to realize your potential as a cyclist.

He typo'ed HGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

No
    furiousox wrote: »
    My professional work ethic and dedication to the sport of cycling, along with the THT™ programs

Did he mean THG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Junior

So of the 99 Tour retests (89 Total) 13 of them were positive, 6 of that 13 belonged to Armstrong, wonder who the other 7 were for.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Flandria

No
    Junior wrote: »
    So of the 99 Tour retests (89 Total) 13 of them were positive, 6 of that 13 belonged to Armstrong, wonder who the other 7 were for.

Probably four for Tyler... and three for his long lost twin...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hamiltons-defence-the-vanishing-twin

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

No
    You'll have to order your Tyler books off Amazon.com and not Amazon.co.uk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/9518947/Lance-Armstrong-book-to-be-amended-for-UK.html
    Although the book goes on sale in the United States on Wednesday, a second version is being prepared for the UK market by publishers Transworld because of the tighter libel laws in this country. It is understood that the British edition will not differ substantially but two or three specific allegations are being rephrased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DeadMan1

No

Some great quotes :

“Ask me who isn’t part of the problem. That would be a much shorter list,” he says.
    “Everyone out there is still trying to save their own ass and keep their contracts and sponsors. That means being successful and saying you’re a clean team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

No

Bleak and depressing, UCI should hang their heads in shame.

No
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arvesen-understands-riis-and-csc-doubts

Looks like the Hamilton allegations might see the end of Riis's involvement in cycling. This is the first time I've seen a prominent figure speak out (if only mildly!).
    Sastre's comments are interesting too.

No
    Russman wrote: »
    Bleak and depressing, UCI should hang their heads in shame.

To me the UCI come out of this appalingly. Hard to see how the present leadership and structure (not just Pat McQuaid) can survive in the medium to long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

No
    RobFowl wrote: »
    To me the UCI come out of this appalingly. Hard to see how the present leadership and structure (not just Pat McQuaid) can survive in the medium to long term.

I have a suspicion that they'll take up Armstrongs case and go down swinging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Flandria

No
    RobFowl wrote: »

The rush of people distancing themselves from Riis (Arveson as well) is nearly as heavy with traffic as the route that he sends riders to Fuentes. Not that he knows Fuentes or ever met him, of course. No way. Who??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭happytramp

No
    Flandria wrote: »
    The rush of people distancing themselves from Riis (Arveson as well) is nearly as heavy with traffic as the route that he sends riders to Fuentes.

Everyone bar Nico it seems. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

No
    You'll have to order your Tyler books off Amazon.com and not Amazon.co.uk
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/9518947/Lance-Armstrong-book-to-be-amended-for-UK.html

Just ordered one on amazon.com
    Will ship tomorrow & comes in at around E20 incl postage.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BQQ

No
    Another great quote
    “But I wouldn’t be happy if I’d lied and then confessed something that wasn’t the whole truth and say I’m an anti-doping crusader. That’s even worse than shutting up and saying nothing.

I'm looking at you David Millar

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

No
    The **** is seriously going to hit the fan when this all comes to a head!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

No
    And I can't bloody wait... its going to be so, so good...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

No
    Zascar wrote: »

I'll save my next bout of excitement for when we see some confessions, preferably from someone who doesn't already have a slam dunk case pending against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

No
    At the risk of sounding like a cynical grouch, unfortunately I suspect the establishment will find a way to save itself and preserve the status quo. Too many vested interests, plus the omertà. When even the allegedly clean teams won't talk to a returning doper who said too much, it doesn't inspire confidence.

Sponsors pulling their cash from teams & the sport will be the only thing that could force any real changes through. But how many big corporations are renowned for ethics ?? :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

No
    The top brass will worm their way out of this, one or two minor heads might roll but the status quo won't change in the short term, that would be an admission of guilt. Only when sponsors start pulling out of a discredited sport will the major changes come.
    Hopefully, and i don't know if this exists already, all cyclists contracts should stipulate that if any cyclists fail a drugs test they forefit their entire salary for the term of that contract, even in retrospect. That should put the wind up all cyclists, and in the long term clean up the sport, hit them in the pocket.
    Mr Mcquiad is at this moment rehearsing his excuses as regards to his tenure as the UCI top man, he will hide behind the "can't say anything for legal reasons" for as long as possible but the clock is ticking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

No
    Zascar wrote: »

but I fear that the majority will have managed to seek shelter when the faeces flinging begins in earnest!

Advertisement