Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

No
    RobFowl wrote: »
    Jimmy has long been on his own on this one. I'd be inclined to dismiss it as a quirk of opinion by a popular institution but a bit of a dinosaur. The day when he would be an opinion leader or barometer have long since gone.

Sad to see though.

Back on topic, this is just as applicable......

Eddy has long been on his own on this one. I'd be inclined to dismiss it as a quirk of opinion by a popular institution but a bit of a dinosaur. The day when he would be an opinion leader or barometer have long since gone.

Sad to see though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No
    TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Back on topic, this is just as applicable......

Eddy has long been on his own on this one. I'd be inclined to dismiss it as a quirk of opinion by a popular institution but a bit of a dinosaur. The day when he would be an opinion leader or barometer have long since gone.

Sad to see though

It is sad to see. Too tied up with LA re past sponsorship, ongoing pr work and his son working indirectly for LA in the RadioShack feeder team.
    Never been a particularly outspoken critic of doping ( and lost a giro due to doping himself) and as such much as he is revered due to his palmares, his opinions are not relevant or paid much attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

No
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's ok folks, Jimmy "wheres me memory" Man has rowed in to clear things up for us, Lance, and Michelle for that matter, were definitively clean. That's that then.

Jimmy Magee: Michelle Smith should have carried Olympic Torch (via TheJournal.ie) http://jrnl.ie/598073

Some of the comments are as depressing as the main story itself.

Feckin eegit.

The lads on Newstalk took a pop at him earlier over this. Said he was entitled to his opinions, no matter how hair brained they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

No
    What a f'ing gobsh1te!
    Mind you, he does fancy himself as a wisecracking stand up comedian these days. :rolleyes:

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

No
    Magee — who is promoting his new book Memory Man....

Some people will do or say anything for publicity. In this case I reckon Jimmy believes what he's saying :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

No
    ozzy jr wrote: »
    Some people will do or say anything for publicity. In this case I reckon Jimmy believes what he's saying :(

Is this the same guy of the pigeon, the symbol of peace incident?

He has to be a crackpot. He also says LA won the world RR champs aged 19 (he was 21) and had cancer 18 moths later (it was 4 years later).

I'm assuming the book title 'memory man' is in irony?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Since Lance came out and said he wont fight the charges, i got really into this.

So i was reading David Welch book, half way thru but very good.

One question I have is this:

UCI did doping tests at the time LA got his cancer. They messed up here but LA seems to of accepted it quiet well. I was wondering does any one think LA and UCI did a deal, ie LA wont sue UCI if they dont monitor him too closely?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No
    I was wondering does any one think LA and UCI did a deal, ie LA wont sue UCI if they dont monitor him too closely?
    In the same way we don't allow doping speculation, posters must not speculate that the UCI, any teams, or indeed anyone else is implicated in covering up what may have gone on in the past, unless there are publicly verifiable facts to support any statements made.

Thanks

Beasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭noddy69

No
    Beasty wrote: »
    In the same way we don't allow doping speculation, posters must not speculate that the UCI, any teams, or indeed anyone else is implicated in covering up what may have gone on in the past, unless there are publicly verifiable facts to support any statements made.

Thanks

Beasty

Tyler Hamiltons book states that Lance told him his positive test was covered up,implicating the UCI in being complicit in covering his test up. It also states that after this happened he lodged a donation to the UCI for would you believe, drug testing equipment.

That is public enough hopefully,and it has been reported by many others so it would seem that as reported by others it is possible that an arrangement was reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

No
    tygart received death threats
    According to L'Equipe, the information contained in the files will be made public "before the end of the year", and that their impact on public opinion of the former seven-times Tour de France winner and cancer survivor will be "terrible, 30 times greater than everything that has come out until now, through books or investigations."

Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭fat bloke

No
    "terrible, 30 times greater than everything that has come out until now, through books or investigations."

Ha ha ha. 30 times. I'd love to know how they measure that? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

No
    fat bloke wrote: »
    "terrible, 30 times greater than everything that has come out until now, through books or investigations."

Ha ha ha. 30 times. I'd love to know how they measure that? :D

a terriblometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

So where's that report proving Lance's guilt?

Wasn't it supposed to be released a week ago?

Anxiously awaiting...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

No
    Apparantly (according to Twitter anyway) Hincapie is going to make a statement in the next few days. If its a confession then it'll probably be a real advance in what seems to be the end game for Armstrong. There will be no accusations of bitter ex team mate or Hincappie being a looney.

No
    FISMA wrote: »

No real hurry now that Lance has accepted their findings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

No

It's supposed to be delivered to the UCI before the end of the month. It will be released publicly later in the year. It will probably leak before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

hardCopy wrote: »

He did? When?

Link?

No
    He did? When?

Link?

When he refused to challenge the evidence in court. And also earlier in the process when he failed to involve himself.

• Advertisement

No
    hardCopy wrote: »

He did? When?

Link?

He was asked if he wanted to refute the charges but decided to let it go unchallenged. Because he's guilty and he's a quitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RyanAndrew

No
    "McQuaid questions delay in Armstrong file" is the headline on this article in irishtimes.com

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/other/2012/0927/1224324521150.html

When I was little I was told that when I was in a hole , I should probably stop digging.

No
    They didn't want to know about this a few months ago, now they can't wait to read it. I wish they would make up their minds.

There's a beautiful post on the Clinic about how the pro-Lance trolls* will use this delay..... http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1036017&postcount=35

*I suppose this includes Pat & Hein.

No
    They didn't want to know about this a few months ago, now they can't wait to read it. I wish they would make up their minds.

There's a beautiful post on the Clinic about how the pro-Lance trolls* will use this delay..... http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1036017&postcount=35

*I suppose this includes Pat & Hein.

Why are they delaying though?

Tygart has changed his mind on the release date more than once now. Why? A couple of days ago he told L'equipe "definitely by the end of the month". I hope they're not coming under pressure from Armstrongs friends.;)

No
    corny wrote: »
    Why are they delaying though?

Tygart has changed his mind on the release date more than once now. Why? A couple of days ago he told L'equipe "definitely by the end of the month". I hope they're not coming under pressure from Armstrongs friends.;)

Looks like they are crossing the i's and dotting the t's. The UCI will no doubt look for any minor inconsistency and use it to cast doubt on the entire report, as they are already doing with this minor delay. Alot of seed sowing ahead for Pat and Hein.

Also, the clinic folks are saying more people have come forward.

No
    Looks like they are crossing the i's and dotting the t's. The UCI will no doubt look for any minor inconsistency and use it to cast doubt on the entire report, as they are already doing with this minor delay. Alot of seed sowing ahead for Pat and Hein.

Also, the clinic folks are saying more people have come forward.

They've convicted him lets not forget so you'd have to hope the i's and t's have been well and truly crossed at this stage. Also, we were lead to believe (and don't get me wrong we believe) its an open and shut case with the evidence they have so poking holes is impossible. That can be inferred by the change in stance of UCI anyway (they know the games up for Armstrong).

If Tygart was consistent in the release date no matter how long we had to wait i wouldn't bat an eyelid but he hasn't been consistent. Its been misinformation over the last month. I'd just like to know why.

Hopefully they are using the time to gather more dirt on all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭noddy69

No
    corny wrote: »
    They've convicted him lets not forget so you'd have to hope the i's and t's have been well and truly crossed at this stage. Also, we were lead to believe (and don't get me wrong we believe) its an open and shut case with the evidence they have so poking holes is impossible. That can be inferred by the change in stance of UCI anyway (they know the games up for Armstrong).

If Tygart was consistent in the release date no matter how long we had to wait i wouldn't bat an eyelid but he hasn't been consistent. Its been misinformation over the last month. I'd just like to know why.

Hopefully they are using the time to gather more dirt on all involved.

Its quite possible that the evidence they have on UCI people within the file needs to be tidied up and possibly not transfered for the moment as more cases may be forthcoming,hence the delay in movement of a finished file.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

noddy69 wrote: »
    Its quite possible that the evidence they have on UCI people within the file needs to be tidied up and possibly not transfered for the moment as more cases may be forthcoming,hence the delay in movement of a finished file.

Yes, it's possible.

But how does this look? Lance says he won't fight because he thinks he won't get due process. Then USADA convict him before they've actually got their file together. Do you think the fanboys won't put 2 and 2 together and make 7?

No
    Yes, it's possible.

But how does this look? Lance says he won't fight because he thinks he won't get due process. Then USADA convict him before they've actually got their file together. Do you think the fanboys won't put 2 and 2 together and make 7?

In 2 weeks time this 2 week delay will be quickly forgotten.

Edit: There will be so much else to defend the delay won't mean a thing.

Another 2 weeks of this for the UCI
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuMRIVRI3JD3kajXXTKuLhSA7wr8GZMLbLIyaFkawL6Tx4L0py

• Advertisement

No
    Yes, it's possible.

Anyone who can add 2 + 2 knows Lance is guilty, the fanboys will never believe it.

Advertisement