Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Flandria

No
    Bradley doesn't seem too upset after yet another night on the p1ss...

Bradley Wiggins ‏@bradwiggins
    Feel sober enough to compose a tweet to say a huge Thank You to The Wigan Warriors for making me a life member last night, huge honour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

No
    morana wrote: »

(PS noticed the Yes vote in the poll has gone up!!!)

I thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me when noticed that earlier too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

No
    Lusk Doyle wrote: »

I am surprised that people needed the detail to be released before they voted yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bahra12

No
    Lusk Doyle wrote: »

I just put in a yes vote but only read this thread today. I have been 100 percent convinced of his guilt for serveral years and find it funny to read posts from those who are in complete denial. Truly amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

No
    Maybe i am being naive but for the day that's in it, good to see
    Tony Martin
    winning today. One of the more trustworthy pros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

No
    The reason USADA waited to publish the file, the way I read it anyway. UCI really are a waste of space.

On August 24, 2012, USADA issued public notice of its sanctioning Mr.
    Armstrong and provided the UCI notice of this decision on that same day. In a
    letter of September 3, 2012 Pat McQuaid’s noted that the UCI was awaiting
    “USADA’s full reasoned decision” before deciding whether to appeal USADA’s
    August 24, 2012, announcement of sanctions against Lance Armstrong. The Code
    provides that providing a reasoned decision in this contest is the duty of “the
    Anti-Doping Organization with result management responsibility.” By calling upon
    USADA to issue a reasoned decision, therefore, the UCI has confirmed that USADA
    is the Anti-Doping Organization with results management responsibility and the
    UCI may not contest USADA’s reasoned decision on the grounds that USADA allegedly
    lacks results management responsibility. Had the UCI wished to challenge USADA’s
    results management responsibility, the UCI was obligated to do so within
    twenty-one (21) days of USADA asserting its results management authority on June
    12, 2012. The UCI cannot challenge USADA’s results management authority at this
    juncture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

No
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPaDIho9iE0HqXkSSQvW09xUsDpl-Bw3xXwXHaTJN_A_fjpK-s

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No
    letape wrote: »
    I am surprised that people needed the detail to be released before they voted yes!

Still 34 cancer hating fanboys out there though...

(Should have gone to Specsavers)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No
    Lets post our favorite bits. At the moment it's from page 37:
    Finally, although additional corroboration is not necessary given the testimony of USADA’s witnesses, as described in Section V.B. below, the retesting of Lance Armstrong’s samples from the 1999 Tour and the clear finding of EPO in six of the samples provides powerful corroborating evidence of Armstrong’s use of EPO. With or without this corroborating evidence, however, the evidence demonstrates beyond any doubt that Lance Armstrong used EPO during the 1999 Tour de France. No other conclusion is even plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,070 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I just noticed that Google+ has some sort of tagging system, and that "Lance Armstrong" is trending.

Amongst the expected apologist ****e I found:

"Simon Gornick
    Lance Armstrong supporters remind me of those deluded women who want to marry death row criminals."

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

No
    Does M.Barry's naming cast a shadow over the sky team or is the concencus that once on the sky pay-role one is clean, riders clean stays clean? and did his previous doping benefit him/sky once riding for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭wav1

The sport of cycling has just been described on the news as ''rotten to the core''.Me thinks getting a bit of sponsorship even for a kids race has just become a whole lot more difficult.

No
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Does M.Barry's naming cast a shadow over the sky team or is the concencus that once on the sky pay-role one is clean, riders clean stays clean? and did his previous doping benefit him/sky once riding for them?
    Not really, Dr Geert Leinders is a bigger shadow.

And Sean Yates parking the Sky car outsider Motoman's shop.
    28644_124370170927651_2977585_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭G2ECE

No
    So it's definitely not about the bike then??? Dang!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

No
    Not really, Dr Geert Leinders is a bigger shadow.

And Sean Yates parking the Sky car outsider Motoman's shop.
    28644_124370170927651_2977585_n.jpg

but then you just have to shake your head in disbelief when you see ekimov getting an astana job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭allybhoy

No
    Just took this from Telegraph news feed...
    1.30 A lawyer for Armstrong has issued a strongly worded statement following the USADA's report, claiming that their "government funded witch hunt" is really quite rotten ...

"Ignoring the 500-600 tests Lance Armstrong passed, ignoring all exculpatory evidence, and trying to justify the millions of dollars USADA has spent pursuing one, single athlete for years, USADA has continued its government funded witch hunt of only Mr. Armstrong, a retired cyclist, in violation of its own rules and due process, in spite of USADA's lack of jurisdiction, in blatant violation of the statute of limitations, and without honoring UCI's demand to produce the entire USADA "file" for an independent review and decision as mandated by national and international rules.".

Up to 600 tests now haha...its like his lawyers are sitting in an office scrambling for a solution to make this go away and the best idea they can come up with is to add another 100 successful tests

I keep thinking of the Fr Ted episode.....

"So that's our best suggestion?? ANOTHER MASS!!? "

No
    WADA, too, have also entered the breach. President John Fahey says in a statement: “WADA welcomes the fully reasoned decision from the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) with respect to the Lance Armstrong case, and confirms that we will now, as with all cases, carefully consider its contents and the voluminous accompanying evidence.

“The process followed by USADA has at all times been appropriate and careful, and in compliance with the World Anti-Doping Code (Code). Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) now has 21 days to determine whether it wishes to appeal the case. Thereafter, WADA has a further 21 days to determine whether we will exercise our independent right of appeal.

“In the interim, it is obviously inappropriate for us to make further comments.

“We would like to commend USADA for having the courage and the resolve to keep focused in working on this difficult case for the sake of clean athletes and the integrity of sport.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭fat bloke

No
    Kimmage was spot on when he called him a cancer in the sport.

No
    The UCI have released a statement saying: "The UCI has been advised by USADA that it’s reasoned decision and supporting material is available to view on its website.

"The UCI will examine all information received in order to consider issues of appeal and recognition, jurisdiction and statute of limitation, within the term of appeal of 21 days, as required by the World Anti-Doping Code.

"The UCI will endeavour to provide a timely response and not to delay matters any longer than necessary."

No
    Seperate transcripts of the emails.

http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/JR+Exhibit+A.pdf

• Advertisement

No
    allybhoy wrote: »
    The UCI have released a statement saying: "The UCI has been advised by USADA that it’s reasoned decision and supporting material is available to view on its website.

"The UCI will examine all information received in order to consider issues of appeal and recognition, jurisdiction and statute of limitation, within the term of appeal of 21 days, as required by the World Anti-Doping Code.

"The UCI will endeavour to provide a timely response and not to delay matters any longer than necessary."

Will be interesting to see what UCI do! David Walsh tweeted:
    Hein Verbruggen on LA in May last year: "Lance Armstrong has never used doping. Never, never, never." How can this man stay on UCI and IOC?
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the UCI office right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

No
    And the award for stupidest Tweet goes to:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/jjo361

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

No
    Lads, can we change the poll to the following question

"Do ye prefer the cash or the wire transfer"

Mega LOL

No
    Flandria wrote: »
    That could have been any Lance Armstrong emailing the Ferraris.

No
    And any old Johan too...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

No
    Cienciano wrote: »
    Lets post our favorite bits.
    Mine is from page 14...
    Had Mr. Armstrong not refused to confront the evidence against him in a hearing, the witnesses in the case of The United States Anti-Doping Agency v. Lance Armstrong would have testified under oath with a legal duty to testify truthfully or face potential civil and/or criminal consequences. Witness after witness would have been called to the stand and witness after
    witness would have confirmed the following:

That Lance Armstrong used the banned drug EPO.

That Lance Armstrong used the banned drug Testosterone.

That Lance Armstrong provided his teammates the banned drug EPO.

That Lance Armstrong administered to a teammate the banned drug Testosterone.

That Lance Armstrong enforced the doping program on his team by threatening a rider with termination if he did not dope in accordance with the plan drawn up by Dr. Michele Ferrari.

That Lance Armstrong’s doping program was organized by Dr. Ferrari.

That Lance Armstrong pushed his teammates to use Dr. Ferrari.

That Lance Armstrong used banned blood transfusions to cheat.

That Lance Armstrong would have his blood withdrawn and stored throughout the year and then receive banned blood transfusions in the team doctor’s hotel room on nights during the Tour de France.

That Lance Armstrong surrounded himself with drug runners and doping doctors so that he could achieve his goal of winning the Tour de France year after year.

That Lance Armstrong and his handlers engaged in a massive and long running scheme to use drugs, cover their tracks, intimidate witnesses, tarnish reputations, lie to hearing panels and the press and do whatever was necessary to conceal the truth.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 33,585 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No
    So who can come on here now and defend him, after hearing that news today?

The worlds biggest ever sporting drugs cheat. Fact.

His lawyer called it a 'one sided hacket job'. Well if he had had the balls to contest the chargesm then it wouldn't have been one sided.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

No
    NIMAN wrote: »

The worlds biggest ever sporting drugs cheat. Fact.

His lawyer called it a 'one sided hacket job'. Well if he had had the balls to contest the chargesm then it wouldn't have been one sided.

Tbf no one has tried. The 36 who voted no were either taking the piss or too pissed to realise they were voting no.

Hats off to USADA. This is the stuff of legend!

No
    I'm sure everyone is reading it, but here's another interesting bit:
    The adequacy of unannounced, no notice testing taking place in the sport of cycling remains a concern. For instance, at the 2010 Tour de France on two occasions the WADA independent observer (I.O.) team reported surveillance by cycling teams on the lookout for UCI testers. The WADA I.O. team reported they “could clearly see two persons watching the parking [lot] from their room windows half hidden behind the curtain as well as a team member seated in front of the hotel who immediately used his mobile phone when he saw the UCI [drug testing] team.”749 In the Independent Observer report insufficient efforts to ensure the confidentiality of test planning were also noted.750 Further, the elementary recommendations of suggesting that testers not wear prominent I.D. badges and Tour-branded clothing and not arrive in a Tourbranded car were made because the arrival of testers was at times so conspicuous as to provide advance notice to those about to be tested.751
    And that was as late as 2010!

• Advertisement

No
    NIMAN wrote: »
    I'm going to switch sides. I always like to back an underdog.

My response to these scurrilous accusations shall be to place my fingers in my ears and go "AH LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA".

Advertisement