Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

No
    [He says "That's a myth.
    I never raced against LA in my whole career, once at the Crit International, never at the Tour"
    WTF???[/Quote]

That was hilarious! They never competed against each other in the Tour de France!!

Third and fourth in 2009 - followed by a mediocre Tour for them both in 2010 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

No
    Item on Prime time at 9.30 about the Armstrong revelations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

No
    Shane Stokes will be on as well, talking about the bond market.

great a lot of time for Stokesy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

No
    Not expecting much from Nico based on his past interviews. Expect a lot of "it's in the past, time to move on etc. Got to remember who his agent is too... Certainly can't see him have a pop at the UCI...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

No
    How could Wiggins possibley have forgotten that he finished one place below armstrong in 2009? or was he just lying, but i can't see any reason he would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Crappy Skype connection - Nico - "Lets move on" crap.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No
    Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Not expecting much from Nico based on his past interviews. Expect a lot of "it's in the past, time to move on etc. Got to remember who his agent is too... Certainly can't see him have a pop at the UCI...

His agent is very well respected and works hard for his riders. Know he works hard to get much lower profile riders sorted with conti and lower level teams too (often when there's nothing in it for him).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

No
    God he talks some sh*t...just like he's papa

"I don't think my dad has been caught" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

Someone tell nico to stop digging, very poor reply from him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Surinam

No
    Oh my god, just lost all respect for Nico. He had no credibility in that interview: "everybody cheats" :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

No
    SWL wrote: »
    Got the impression he did cheat himself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No
    solarith wrote: »

If he didn't then he's going to a good place to learn......

Presenter "What's WADA"?

Dear God - do your research Primetime presenter!

Miriam wouldn't have had to ask that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

No
    Excuse the phrase but that was a car crash of an interview. :(

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

No
    RobFowl wrote: »

His agent is very well respected and works hard for his riders. Know he works hard to get much lower profile riders sorted with conti and lower level teams too (often when there's nothing in it for him).
    My point wasn't about the competency/ethics of his agent it was about who he is related too. And hardly surprising we heard Nico go on to defend Pat...

No
    I've come to the conclusion after the events of the last few days and the glaring silence from most of the top guys: professional cycling is rotten to the core.

The USADA report was supposed to mark a huge turning point but I am now more pessimistic than ever that anything has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

No
    what exactly did roche say? i missed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

No

UCI are great, his Dad is great, Contador is great and what happened occured 50years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

No
    ...and "everybody cheats at some stage in their life." :eek:

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

No
    furiousox wrote: »
    ...and "everybody cheats at some stage in their life." :eek:

For me that was the most grotesque thing he could have said. How flippant and cavalier - I'm so glad I didn't turn up to last Saturday's event with him in Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

No
    I couldn't believe he said that. Nobody so far, except maybe Wiggo, has said anything encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

think he should have thought about his answers a bit more
    RobFowl wrote: »
    If he didn't then he's going to a good place to learn......

yeh like his current team have covered themselves in glory recently

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spokesman

No
    Surinam wrote: »
    For me that was the most grotesque thing he could have said. How flippant and cavalier - I'm so glad I didn't turn up to last Saturday's event with him in Meath.

Absolutely, he didnt do himself or the sport any justice with that interview, a disgraceful response.

"People cheat in their Inter-Cert and in football - so what" (I'm para-phrasing but you get the picture).

No
    People should watch it back on rte player if you missed it, there was also a good intro video which detailed the scandals involving Sean Kelly and Stephen Roche. Bit awkward when it then went straight to the latter's son for his opinion on the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

No
    solarith wrote: »
    SWL wrote: »

I didn't get or don't have that impression. He should not have put himself forward to go on prime time. He is simply not a good speaker and doesn't do interviews well (in English anyway) and did not convey clearly what he was trying to say. Simply put he said you will also have some people who will cheat in all walks of life, but that these are much fewer on cycling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

No
    Surinam wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion after the events of the last few days and the glaring silence from most of the top guys: professional cycling is rotten to the core.

The USADA report was supposed to mark a huge turning point but I am now more pessimistic than ever that anything has changed.

Agreed. Nothing will change. When the dust settles Hein and Pat will still be running the show.

Even the guys who acknowledge Armstrongs guilt are too quick to try and convince us cycling is changing when we should know better.

The Olympic champion is an unashamed cheat, the Vuelta 1-2 have served doping bans, the third is enjoying a renaissance at 33. The Sky boys are bringing a generation of British fans to the game just as Armstrong did, Franck Schleck was poisoned, Eki gets the job at Astana, Samuel Sanchez, Alex Dowsett etc..... All is rosy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

No
    Boycott pro cycling. Problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19910165
    British cyclist Roger Hammond says Lance Armstrong was a "fantastic" team-mate who "never, ever" offered him performance-enhancing substances.

But Hammond, who raced for the Discovery Channel team between 2005 and 2006, insisted he had never heard suggestions that Armstrong was taking or supplying fellow racers with banned drugs.

"I was in Lance Armstrong's team for two years and I was never asked, was never given any idea of any doping," he told BBC Radio 5 live.

"I saw nothing at all, but then Usada never asked for my opinion

phew thats that cleared up then

Advertisement