Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

No
    ratracer wrote: »

I may go to that. 2mins up the road from my dads house.
    Weekend in Limerick beckons I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

No
    well folks I think thats it, its finished. Lets get back to high vis and helmets!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭Plastik

No
    Emma O'Reilly is going to be on the *sigh* Craig Doyle Show .... *sigh* , starting on Net2 in a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

No
    Plastik wrote: »
    Emma O'Reilly is going to be on the *sigh* Craig Doyle Show .... *sigh* , starting on Net2 in a few minutes.

She is so cagey and still obviously sh!t scared to say too much. She has fluffed and avoided any concrete answers and everything is well festina and sure you know etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

No
    iregk wrote: »
    She is so cagey and still obviously sh!t scared to say too much. She has fluffed and avoided any concrete answers and everything is well festina and sure you know etc...

She just admitted to handing a package of drugs to LA in a McDonalds car park. And to covering up track marks for riders. That's not exactly cagey! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

She was asked to be head soigneur on that team despite telling them she wouldn't get involved in the "medical" programme. Bullish!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

No
    Was a bit poor, she was trying to crack too many jokes. Fascinating story there all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭happytramp

No
    Tobyglen wrote: »
    Was a bit poor, she was trying to crack too many jokes. Fascinating story there all the same.

Still very nervous. After a decade of being afraid to open her mouth speaking freely probably doesn't come easily. I'd say the jokes are just a way of dealing with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

No
    happytramp wrote: »

Still very nervous. After a decade of being afraid to open her mouth speaking freely probably doesn't come easily. I'd say the jokes are just a way of dealing with that.

She must surely be afraid of incriminating herself to some degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

No
    hardCopy wrote: »
    She must surely be afraid of incriminating herself to some degree.

I thought for a moment she did when she mentioned the extra duties of the soigneur and festina

• Advertisement

No
    Terrible interviewer, terrible interview and terrible editing of the programme. I've read Hamilton's book though, and about three-quarters of the USADA document though so there was never going to be something new there for me. It was an interview aimed at all the folks that know nothing about cycling but will come into work in the morning and spout off that everybody in the peloton is absolutely, 100% undoubtedly, doping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

No
    happytramp wrote: »

Maybe so, she's probably not used to the attention. Still a very poor interview, Craig Doyle actually wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

No
    Incredibly evasive..

(Leave it out joke was brilliant)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

No
    Tobyglen wrote: »
    Craig Doyle actually wasn't too bad.

Take that back :) ... Oh god i do hate the sight and sound of the tw@t :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭happytramp

No
    Got better as it went along. Doyle was a plonker for not getting into the 'cortizone' positive that she was present for straight away and thus establishing her creditably. He was bloody awful and had not done his research in order to get the best from his interviewee.

Doyle: Did you see lance take drugs? ( bad question)

Doyle: Where you present when Lance learned he had failed a drug test? (good question)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

No
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    Apparently Armstrong and the UCI will be releasing statements tomorrow.

Coincidence both have decided to say something the same day?

Where did you hear that? Looks very bad if true that they are doing it on the same day, it kinda looks like they are presenting a united front regardless what is said or if it's true. That's the last thing the UCI should be doing, they should be distancing themselves at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

No
    Lordy! The SKINS chairman has taken a firm stance.
    http://www.skins.net/en-AU/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

No
    Should it now be that Paul Kimmage sues the UCI for loss of earnings/defamation of character/destruction of childhood dreams etc ? There is implication of UCI individuals assisting in the cover-up that PK wrote about and questioned - hard to bring a case before a judge questioning the integrity,credibility and character of an individual when the governing body making the accusation would appear to have lacked the same fundamental principles ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

No
    Lordy! The SKINS chairman has taken a firm stance.
    http://www.skins.net/en-AU/index.aspx

Finally some sensible commentary from people involved in the industry. Kudos to that man. What do they sell, I'll have some!

I wonder if they do eyewear...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

No
    Trojan wrote: »

Finally some sensible commentary from people involved in the industry. Kudos to that man. What do they sell, I'll have some!

I wonder if they do eyewear...
    They do the body hugging training tops that wick the sweat away and keep ya warmer in winter, colder in summer

On what the chairman said, finally some one that says LA might have done good work with the LiveStrong thingy but lambasts him for repeated consumption of PEDs while cycling rather than what most LA fanboys express i.e.because his involvement in LiveStrong his PED taking doesnt matter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 okfine

No
    One of the most disappointing stories from world sports,didn't want to believe it as he was quite the hero :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No
    alfalad wrote: »
    Where did you hear that? Looks very bad if true that they are doing it on the same day, it kinda looks like they are presenting a united front regardless what is said or if it's true. That's the last thing the UCI should be doing, they should be distancing themselves at all costs.

Well Armstrong will be having the anniversary shindig for Livestrong and will be a speaker at it, and the guys from Off the Ball last night mentioned the UCI statement being expected.
    It's not a joint statement, just two individual ones possibly on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No
    Twitter will probably explode at some point today. All the cycling anti doping tweeters have changed their profile pictures to portraits of figures involved in the french revolution!

I think today might be an anticlimax. If UCI say the USADA findings were correct, McQuaid has to go. If Lance comes clean he's admitting perjury which means jail time.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No
    Rabobank ends sponsorship of pro teams on the back of the Armstrong affair
    We are no longer convinced that the international professional world of cycling can make this a clean and fair sport. We are not confident that this will change for the better in the foreseeable future

Over to you Mr McQuaid ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No
    Beasty wrote: »

The line: “We are not confident that this will change for the better in the foreseeable future." sounds like they reckon McQuaid is staying.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No
    Cienciano wrote: »
    The line: “We are not confident that this will change for the better in the foreseeable future." sounds like they reckon McQuaid is staying.
    I see it as the start of something that will force McQuaid to quit. If major sponsors pull out of the sport saying stuff like this, he really has nowhere to hide. It just needs one or two more (plus the likes of the Skins guy wading in) to bring the whole pack of cards down.

Hopefully a new leadership committed to change will then bring sponsors like Rabobank back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

No
    okfine wrote: »
    One of the most disappointing stories from world sports,didn't want to believe it as he was quite the hero :(

He wasn't a hero at all. He is/was just a loaded with drugs bully that pushed his way to the top. He has nothing that you should admire.

No

Wow, wasn't expecting that. I wonder will more follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

No
    I see it as the start of something that will force McQuaid to quit. If major sponsors pull out of the sport saying stuff like this, he really has nowhere to hide. It just needs one or two more (plus the likes of the Skins guy wading in) to bring the whole pack of cards down.

Hopefully a new leadership committed to change will then bring sponsors like Rabobank back

it just puts into perspective all the gob****e pros who trot out the same line " its all in the past, not relevenat no" well guess what it is your going to lose your jobs and your chance to condem in strongest terms has passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

No
    Amazed Rabo have pulled out - feel bad for all the riders they have on the books that (presumably) have to scramble to find a new team in short order (including women's world and Olympic champ IIRC!).

In other news will those playing Lance Sponsor Bingo now please cross SRAM off their cards...

Advertisement