Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No
    allybhoy wrote: »
    The questions are shoite....vetted beforehand perhaps?

1. What about HV ? 100% sure no doping by LA
    2. What about USADA saying they had no co-operation with UCI
    3. What about lawsuit against PK?
    4. What about donations?
    5. What about prizemoney?
    Add in:
    What about UCI's pathetic attempts of drug testing?
    What about ignoring cyclists that came forward with evidence of doping?

Think the answers are the same to them all. "No comment"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

No
    Hmmm, will LA now come clean and bring down the UCI with more revelations of his own?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭allybhoy

No
    el tel wrote: »
    Hmmm, will LA now come clean and bring down the UCI with more revelations of his own?

Id love this to happen

No
    I think with McQuaid at the helm, we can safely say doping in cycling is a thing of the past :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

No
    el tel wrote: »

Now that would be good! and certainly better to watch than this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Stop refering to your lawyer, Pat.:(

Answer the questions.

No
    The girl running around with the microphone at the press conference is a bit hot. I think she might be the Assos girl's sister.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No
    Laughable. "OK so we have to admit there was some doping, but it definately wasn't done when I was in charge. Honest!"

No
    True to irish form, McQuaid won't resign. If there was evidence that he murdered 10 children and ate the bodies he wouldn't resign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

No
    I'm assuming Paul K wasn't allowed in? It's so full of crap it's laughable. Not one decent question yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

No
    The UCI are poxed lucky that Armstrong's 2001 test was "suspicious" and not positive. If it was positive then the whole lot of them would be ****ed.

Would be nice for Armstrong to talk about the few hundred grand he gave to the UCI. Hopefully there will be a question about it.

JFK quote... cringe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No
    Would be nice for Armstrong to talk about the few hundred grand he gave to the UCI. Hopefully there will be a question about it.

That would be the cash that they used to buy the machine that McQaid claimed Hamilton said was faulty :rolleyes:

I said already, I can't understand why the hell they haven't had this meeting to discuss all these things before now.

Quoting JFK now........FFS.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No
    The UCI are poxed lucky that Armstrong's 2001 test was "suspicious" and not positive. If it was positive then the whole lot of them would be ****ed.

JFK quote... cringe!

Mmmm

Lance, can you com in and discuss your "suspicious test"

No probs Pat, fancy 100k while I'm there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭allybhoy

No
    Finally someone asks him about Kimmage

No
    Ohhh...The Kimmage Question!!

No
    My stream froze, what was he asked about Kimmage ?

No
    I hope Kimmage goes to town on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭Plastik

No
    Will legal action continue against journalist Paul Kimmage? "The case against Kimmage is nothing to do with Usada and Armstrong," says McQuaid. "It's about a journalist who accused me and my predecessor of being corrupt. It's a straight defamation case."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

No
    The King id dead. Long live the King.
    So. What do you think?
    I reckon, Taylor Phinney could be the 2nd American to win the TdF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

ThisRegard wrote: »
    My stream froze, what was he asked about Kimmage ?

Will he continue the case against him ..

The answer he gave was that it was a straightforward defamation case, and it would continue

No
    Surely based on all the ****e he's said before hand, he should be saying Riis has no place in the sport ? Did Riis ever face penalties etc since his admission ? I may be wrong but I don't think he did and he's running a team now with the support of the UCI.

edit: Asked about those with a doping history again, such a cop out answer.

No
    Unbelievable. He's even trying to bluff his way out of Armstrong's $100k brown envelope.

No
    I find it hilarious that Pat struggles to find clean riders to mention when he needs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

No
    some tough questions at last!!

No
    He's getting rattled.

No
    He's actually going with the there were no positive tests line about Armstrong, despite it being obvious that the journalist said suspicous from the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

No
    "Where we can get money for the sport we will take it". "We accepted it because we use the money to assist in the fight against doping" - That worked out well Pat...

Pat brought a shovel into the press conference and has started digging.

edit: Good question 'How would you respond if LA was in the room'? Unfair question according to Pat which he won't answer! He could have at least said 'Lance you brought shame to the sport of cycling'

McQuaid has to go.

• Advertisement

No
    Intersting statement on the donation question by the BBC Sports editor on that page with the press conference
    UCI has changed story again on the infamous $100k Armstrong donation. Now says the money wasn't paid until 2007. Previous accounts said 05

Was it not actually 2002 ?

Advertisement