Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Funny that LA auctioned 7 of his yellow jerseys last weekend at the 15th anniversary bash for Livestrong. Good job the do wasn't this coming weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No
    Kimmage and Walsh are both on off the ball tonight. Apparently McQuaid refused to come on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Flandria

No
    Bruyneel sounding ominous...
    However, rest assured that the time will come when I will share with you a balanced account of events.

http://www.johanbruyneel.com/news/statement-re-usadas-reasoned-decision

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

No
    snollup wrote: »
    Funny that LA auctioned 7 of his yellow jerseys last weekend at the 15th anniversary bash for Livestrong. Good job the do wasn't this coming weekend!

The people who supported him last weekend are already beyond redemption, they'd do it all again tomorrow and the next day

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No
    Flandria wrote: »
    How can you believe anyone who puts beneath his name "9X WINNING TOUR DE FRANCE SPORTS DIRECTOR"

That's clearly a lie....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No
    Cienciano wrote: »
    Kimmage and Walsh are both on off the ball tonight. Apparently McQuaid refused to come on again.

They'll be on just after 8.

And how many thanks do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

No
    Arguably the 2nd greatest cheater in cycling history? Clearly there must have been systematic doping associated with this performance...

ET_465.jpg

*Repost from my cousin

No
    Kimmage is on now, they did say after 8 earlier.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No
    leftism wrote: »
    Arguably the 2nd greatest cheater in cycling history? Clearly there must have been systematic doping associated with this performance...
    I'm sure that would never have got off the ground if they had had biological passports in those days ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

ThisRegard wrote: »

Damn, website down

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

No
    ThisRegard wrote: »

They said kimmage in 15 mins at about ten past 7, Walsh will be on after 8.

No
    Ah, makes sense now. Great stuff, and honest, by Kimmage.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Flandria

No
    Beasty wrote: »
    How can you believe anyone who puts beneath his name "9X WINNING TOUR DE FRANCE SPORTS DIRECTOR"

That's clearly a lie....

I overheard him name-dropping being interviewed outside the bus at the start of the final Paris stage in last year's TDF and when asked about the outcome (Schleck losing) he trotted out something along the lines of 'It would have been nice to add another Tour to the nine we've already won".

Megalomaniac methinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

No
    Man, what an interview... The toll this has had on Kimmage is just unbelievable! You can really hear it in his voice. He's a pure legend. When he was talking about flying a Jumbo Jet full of witnesses out to Switzerland i was nearly shouting at the radio!

"GWAN PAUL YA F@CKIN LEGEND!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

No
    Armstrong removed from 2009 podium on wikipedia also. Up to the 3rd step comes Mr Wiggins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Tour_de_France
    Handy considering he 'never raced in the tour de france at the same time as armstrong'

Also, see this? Poor lance is a scapegoat

From bbc. Twitter feed http://bbc.in/XJLNoW

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

No
    Dont think they meant it but ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

No
    Walsh on after the break. Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

No
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/the_bonus/10/22/david-walsh-lance-armstrong/index.html

Good article by walsh, he is on newstalk any min now, fellow journalist would not travel by car with him at the 2004 tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Walsh is giving Pat a good kicking, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 scrawnybawny

jesus christ
    did i hear right there on newstalk;

of all the people begging to interview him who actually might have relevant questions, Pat McQuaid has agreed to do an interview with the doyen of cycling journalism that is pat kenny.
    c'mon.
    i'd love to see walsh and kimmage double-teaming him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 nipper67

Yes, but he's still great
    lance was most tested man in the world and for years this hung over him he never had a pos result i dont blame him for saying enough is enough he is still a great man on a bike i think they were all on something at this time and as our own sean kelly said you dont go up the tourmalet at 25 kph on water :

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

No
    nipper67 wrote: »
    lance was most tested man in the world and for years this hung over him he never had a pos result i dont blame him for saying enough is enough he is still a great man on a bike i think they were all on something at this time and as our own sean kelly said you dont go up the tourmalet at 25 kph on water :

come on now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

No

Welcome Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

No
    You know what, you're right. You have shone a fresh light on this whole investigation. Some one should have said this to Jeff Novitsky and Travis Tygert. Could have saved everyone a bit of effort. What's Santy bringing you this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

No

Lolllolllollerlolzzzz!!!!111

Lance hasn't even been tested HALF as many times as he thinks he has. Maybe the drugs messed up his memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nipper67

Yes, but he's still great
    if everyone is so clean who is getting his titles

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You've got it all backwards.

Normally the shít accumulates after the colon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

No

For the TdF, no one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

No

you mean who will capitalise on it

Advertisement