Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ageism by Donegal "Mod" and I get the ban?

Options
  • 24-08-2012 5:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Here is a link to the thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056734322

I was banned for derailing the thread, I felt compelled to stand up for 16-24 year olds in Donegal who the moderator homer simpson(who was posting as a regular user) was discriminating against, as I myself am a 24 year old Donegal man.

I just cant understand how muffler in his capacity as the moderator on this thread could choose to ignore homer simpsons comments that were nothing but "hearsay" (something which is not accepted in the forum) but also they were discriminating against a age group in society, something that is called Ageism!

I want to see if anyone can deny that homer simpsons comments were "hostile prejudice" against 16-24 year olds.

Also how come I get a ban and homer simpson didn't even get a warning. This I feel is double standards, and needs moderation from another soure, as I feel "politics" play a big part in the Donegal forum, and the current mods are incapable of running a fair forum when their vision is clouded.

Regards,
    rightyabe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

So, are you here to dispute the ban, or to defend a certain demographic in the Northwest?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Yeah hopefully get the ban lifted(not that it matters) its more of a principle.

Also clarification on how another member called homer simpson can break the forum charter in the same thread and not get a infraction of any sort. The same member also discriminated a certain age group for no reason, which surely is against the charter.

And as per the flow in the diagram above, have you PM'ed the moderator with a view to resolving this amicably?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Yes I did, the moderator in question is muffler, however he replied with various answers but avoided my points in question.

Here is the PM's

<snip> Private Messages are supposed to be just that - Private

Ok, over to the CMods for an opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Good afternoon. I will take a look at this matter. As it is the weekend it may take until tomorrow before I can respond.

Hi there. For sake of clarification I am only going to comment on your ban. If you have an issue with Ageism amongst moderators - this should be addressed in the Feedback forum. You may also PM myself or Mr Magnolia directly as the Category Mods of Region to discuss this.

Now, back to your ban...
    I have reviewed the thread in question & also the related PM conversation. The upshot is that you:
    (a) in your initial post acknowledged that you were going off-topic when challenging a tongue-in-cheek post by Homer Simpson
    (b) ignored not one, but two on-thread warnings to stay on-topic

Additionally, while you may have "felt compelled" to defend your demographic that does not give you the right to disrupt the thread & ignore basic site guidelines & the rules laid out in the forum charter.

I uphold the ban & for further reference I would like to note that I would have given a longer ban in these clear-cut circumstances.

It is your prerogative to appeal to an Admin if you wish.

Can this DRP please be marked as resolved?

I PM'd the OP asking that they respond by Saturday if they wished to have an Admin review my ruling. They said that they would, but have not posted since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Thanks, closing the thread now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement