Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

logo design

Options
  • 24-08-2012 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

hi does anyone know any free sites on the net that will allow me to design my own logo

thanks b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

what kind of logo

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

There are lots of free software packages you can download to make your own graphics. Inkscape is a relatively easy to use and powerful vector art editor. GIMP is great for raster. There are also a lot of editors that run in a browser but these seem to be limited, and more experimental than anything really useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

5uspect wrote: »
    There are lots of free software packages you can download to make your own graphics. Inkscape is z relatively easy to use and powerful vector art editor. GIMP is great for raster. There are also a lot of editors that run in a browser but these seem to be limited, and more experimental than anything really useful.

Agreed. They're no substitute for the real thing OP! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

right las basically what im trying to do is make a logo design that i can foward to an embroidery company for them to put on the front of the polo shirts im getting done for the angling club im involved in.......the design has to have features of my town in it such as maybe the roundtower,the cathederel,,,the harbour maybe,,,, a boat or a guy with a fishing rod has to be a defo

just looking for ideas lads

thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

right las basically what im trying to do is make a logo design that i can foward to an embroidery company for them to put on the front of the polo shirts im getting done for the angling club im involved in.......the design has to have features of my town in it such as maybe the roundtower,the cathederel,,,the harbour maybe,,,, a boat or a guy with a fishing rod has to be a defo

just looking for ideas lads

thanks

Can you please be more clear about what exactly it is you want. Are you looking for someone to design a logo for you, tips for how to do it yourself, or software with which to do it yourself?

• Advertisement

It would have to be a relatively simple logo to be embroidered unless the embroidery place has the capabilities to go very detailed. I know any place near me has only simple colours, doesn't go into too much detail and it always costs more the more colours you use.

Have a look sat how this company incorporated lots of local attractions in Waterford into one simplified logo...

http://j-siqueira.com/Viking-Triangle

Advertisement