Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest way to get Photo ID

Options
  • 24-08-2012 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I've found myself having lost my passport, and need photo ID asap.

Anyone have any idea on the quickest way to get one in Dublin?

Is the C.I.E. Adult Photo Identity Card processed on the spot or?

Also, will a Garda station stamp a passport photo with my signature on it to prove that its me, if I'm stuck for ID. I just need to prove I am who I say I am to collect a payment.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

I was told by a guard in Pearse St station that I would have to go to my localy gardai station.... because he didnt know me. Which I was quite taken back with, isnt it good that the guards dont know me??!!

The guard in my local station said the same to me and when I reminded him that it wasnt my fault if no guard knows me, he signed it!!

I think there is a way to get a short notice form of ID for collecting payments, a friend of mine got one once, but unfortunately he would have been well known by the gardaí. No harm in taking a passport photo down to them and asking.

Advertisement