Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New work and play build. Advice please.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

To be honest I'd just get two sets of this RAM instead. Apart from that it's a beastly build. If you wanted to spend more money and only play on one monitor I'd go with an aftermarket GTX 670 but there's really no need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Sarz91 wrote: »
    To be honest I'd just get two sets of this RAM instead. Apart from that it's a beastly build. If you wanted to spend more money and only play on one monitor I'd go with an aftermarket GTX 670 but there's really no need.

When overclocking is probably better ti start with faster RAM given its not that much more expensive. GTX670v7950 when over clocked is a debatable one - obviously I've come down on one particular side.

Macho is grand but the 3570K runs hot so if you want high overclocks you'll have to invest accordingly.

When overclocking is probably better ti start with faster RAM given its not that much more expensive. GTX670v7950 when over clocked is a debatable one - obviously I've come down on one particular side.

Macho is grand but the 3570K runs hot so if you want high overclocks you'll have to invest accordingly.

For a single 1920 x 1080 monitor I don't think it is. You can't really use my scores as any indication as to how the 670 performs when overclocked as I'm not that familiar with how it works. Everywhere else I've looked I've seen huge scores in 3d mark and Heaven with an aftermarket 670. I'm not trying to be a fan boy but when it comes to choosing between the two: 670 for 1920 x 1080, 7950 for 1440.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Sarz91 wrote: »
    For a single 1920 x 1080 monitor I don't think it is. You can't really use my scores as any indication as to how the 670 performs when overclocked as I'm not that familiar with how it works. Everywhere else I've looked I've seen huge scores in 3d mark and Heaven with an aftermarket 670. I'm not trying to be a fan boy but when it comes to choosing between the two: 670 for 1920 x 1080, 7950 for 1440.

My understanding of this issue (which is not perfect) is the majority of 670s don't overclock that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

I'm using 1920 x 1200 & have a slight preference for AMD so I'll see how it goes.
    As for cooling what would be a better option? I've no preference either way but quieter when not gaming is always good.

Does anyone use Bios profiles for over clocking (one gaming, one normal) or do you find the best stable setting and chuck the box under a desk.
    Apologies to those who like a nice looking case - mine usually function as combined coffee table, hoover and heater.

• Advertisement

YuM wrote: »
    I'm using 1920 x 1200 & have a slight preference for AMD so I'll see how it goes.
    As for cooling what would be a better option? I've no preference either way but quieter when not gaming is always good.

Does anyone use Bios profiles for over clocking (one gaming, one normal) or do you find the best stable setting and chuck the box under a desk.
    Apologies to those who like a nice looking case - mine usually function as combined coffee table, hoover and heater.

Maybe look into a H80/H100 cooler. Haven't used one before. Heard they're loud.

EDIT: I quite like the case. It's simple.

Advertisement