Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPM cut corners AND reputation for EIRCOM

Options
  • 24-08-2012 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

These telecom companies really are a rite ruthless bunch. A company called CPM who do the residential side of things for Eircom are offering 6,500 euro less now for a high stressed 12pm To 8pm door to door job. On top of that they expect their employees to pay half the diesel expenses on the vans that eircom have provided for their workers. I WONDER DOES EIRCOM KNOW THAT THIS COMPANY IS TREATING PEOPLE IN THIS WAY TARNISHING EIRCOMS GOOD NAME.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

timexser14 wrote: »
    TARNISHING EIRCOMS GOOD NAME.
    In recent times Eircom has relentlessly tarnished their own good name and doesn't need any help from anyone else!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi timexser14,

Thanks for your post and bringing this to the attention of the eircom moderators. I'm not in a position to make a direct comment on this, however if you have any information you wish to PM, I will pass this to the relevant department.

Cheers,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 49 slam05

timexser14 wrote: »
    These telecom companies really are a rite ruthless bunch. A company called CPM who do the residential side of things for Eircom are offering 6,500 euro less now for a high stressed 12pm To 8pm door to door job. On top of that they expect their employees to pay half the diesel expenses on the vans that eircom have provided for their workers. I WONDER DOES EIRCOM KNOW THAT THIS COMPANY IS TREATING PEOPLE IN THIS WAY TARNISHING EIRCOMS GOOD NAME.

Thats actually completely untrue. They have actually given the reps a significant payrise in the last 6 months and also provided them with company vans and a limited fuel card. The starting pay is €25k plus commission and a company van and other perks which i think is a quite strong package for door to door sales. Im not sure where else you would get that for D2D sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cork82

Cpm are a disgrace for the behaviour they leave go on within the company. They leave certain managers use a style of coercion on their employees. Anyone remotely thinking of working for this company should go else where . Also the commission side of the sales is rigged. They will always find fault with a sale and sometimes sales aren't even put through so employees can't get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tootsystar

Would have to agree with cork82! Stay clear of them, one bad manager who likes bully tactics can destroy a employees reputation never mind CPM. Bonouses are nearly impossible, They are a disgrace AVOID!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Cork82

tootsystar wrote: »
    Would have to agree with cork82! Stay clear of them, one bad manager who likes bully tactics can destroy a employees reputation never mind CPM. Bonouses are nearly impossible, They are a disgrace AVOID!!

Are you talking about a cork office?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tootsystar

I am probably not allowed to comment on that, but I can say they are famous

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

slam05 wrote: »
    Thats actually completely untrue. They have actually given the reps a significant payrise in the last 6 months and also provided them with company vans and a limited fuel card. The starting pay is €25k plus commission and a company van and other perks which i think is a quite strong package for door to door sales. Im not sure where else you would get that for D2D sales.

Unless things have changed, this was the case in December. The salary is excellent to start but commission was for the better sales folk imo. It's a decent company, I really couldn't find much fault during my time with them.

D2D sales isn't paid well in this country for the type of work, some companies outway that with better perks and commission. I found the wage with CPM very good for the eircom account.

The Cork team has an excellent reputation and excellent figures. I didn't work with that particular team but all regions sales are common knowledge in the business.

If compliance is an issue OP, report it to the reps here who will pass it direct to eircom for a follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ballbaggery

Cpm need to eliminate their ott performance management tactics. My cuz left them recently but says the number of complaints relating to EVISION is ridiculous, and reps are mis selling because product is so bad and if they dont sign people up cpm threaten to SACK them for poor performance! Way to launch a new tv service... Straight into the dustbin..

• Registered Users Posts: 49 slam05

Cpm need to eliminate their ott performance management tactics.  My cuz left them recently but says the number of complaints relating to EVISION is ridiculous,  and reps are mis selling because product is so bad and if they dont sign people up cpm threaten to SACK them for poor performance! Way to launch a new tv service...  Straight into the dustbin..
    Unlike other companies which pay commission only, they pay a high solid basic wage and provide van etc. so sales must be made to justify this, its basic economics. If you cant get the sales, the role is not for you and you are not for it. You cant expect to hang around getting paid while making no sales because you are costing a business money, its as simple as that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement