Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparks no less!

Options
  • 24-08-2012 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Sparks for Dublin!
    Playing Button Factory on Oct. 29th. Tickets €35.
    Is this their first ever Irish date I wonder? Maybe they played a few festivals?
    Should be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

"Oh no! Where did the groove go?"

I got my ticket on Wednesday. Delighted. There is arguably no act on the planet who have had such a diverse musical career as Ron and Russell Mael. The term "genre-defying" has rarely been more appropriate.
    I know they played Electric Picnic a few years ago, but I'm pretty sure that was their only time on this island. I'm really looking forward to this, not least because of the career-spanning setlist.
    I saw them doing Propaganda as part of the 21 Nights in London in 2008 (when they played all their albums from start to finish, one album each night), but it's great to finally get to see them in Dublin. There was some hope that they might play here in 2008, but it obviously didn't materialise.
    I think there are enough fans here to make it worth their while. Great venue to see them in too.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

One of the most original bands ever, brilliant songwriters and top-drawer musicians. They're up there in my Top 5 bands of all time, to say I'm delighted about it would be an enormous understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Ah sh!t , Ill be out of the country:(

Superb gig last night, and a decent sized crowd. Highlights for me were Sherlock Holmes and My Baby's Taking Me Home. This Town Ain't Big Enough for Both of Us worked surprisingly well with the minimalist arrangement.
    Despite the fact that it wasn't sold out, I think the enthusiasm of the people who were there more than compensated. I think they were genuinely appreciative of the response. I was worried that Dublin could have been a bit of a let down for them after the high of their Barbican show on Friday, but by all accounts, Dublin was rated very well, both by Ron and Russell themselves, and by fans who have attended several shows on the tour. This all bodes well for a return visit, which would be great.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

ah jaysus no. im only seeing this now. i have loved these guys since the dawn of time. i hope they come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Again, can't believe I didn't hear about this would definitely have gone, really great week or so for gigs, Dead Can Dance, Django Django and Sparks.

I saw a few posters around town in the week approaching the show, and actually saw an ad in the Sunday Times shortly after it went on sale, but it was pretty low key, in terms of advertising. As I said, I would be hopeful that they would come back, based on the reaction they got on Monday night.

Advertisement