Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Penny Apples Cullen going down the swanney

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Read his book. Enjoyed it. He had a story to tell. He's done more with his life than most people.

red menace wrote: »
    well Fishy Fishy. I actually had a job and so had my wife. We were just getting pissed off with Ireland and the negative news and people so we moved to Canada. Been here two years and have no ontention of going back.

and for what it's worth I would work for nothing if I had no job. Would rather put my energy into something productive that do nothing if it came to it.

Red Menace; if there is one thing that annoys the almighty bejasus out of me its Irish people who move overseas and cant wait to tall everyone back home how **** it is here and how great it is over there......and how we are all **** and the people in the country we've moved to are so much better than us.

Plenty of room on the Canadian chat boards.

Why is sh&t blocked out and **** not?

Presidential pardon for a cuss word?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

well Fishy Fishy. I actually had a job and so had my wife. We were just getting pissed off with Ireland and the negative news and people so we moved to Canada. Been here two years and have no ontention of going back.

and for what it's worth I would work for nothing if I had no job. Would rather put my energy into something productive that do nothing if it came to it.

good for you. But this "work for nothing" business. Would you really? How would you pay your bills, mortgage, insurance, medical. Another word for it would be slave labour - although I think in slave times they actually GOT a roof over their head and fed and watered. These joe soaps wanted people to do it for nothing.

Also, two years is nothing - your still probably in "holiday" mode with the new experience. Give it ten or so and you will have the rosie tinted glasses well off (no offense)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Been here two years and have no ontention of going back.

Thank fuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I don't think he's the only one with a disappearing Renault dealership, when it's difficult enough to sell cars, it's stupid trying to sell cars that aren't all that popular. A Kerry/Limerick dealer (Adams of Glin) was a Renault dealer for years, and now only sells Mitsubishis and Peugeots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

latenia wrote: »
    I don't like him because he feels that growing up in a slum has given him an inbuilt moral superiority over everyone else. He made his money from his monopolistic control over the Renault brand in Ireland, not some kind of mystical rare oul times, coddle for breakfast, Moore St school of business. Once his monopoly was taken off him he was shown up as the chancer he really is.
    If you were in his position, way back when, and you were given an opportunity to take an exclusive "monopoly" on a brand to make fcuktonnes of money, would you not take it and work as hard as he did?

There's nothing AH loves more than a successful businessman in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Fran1985 wrote: »
    Man works hard, makes money when there's money to be made, then see's his life's work collapse around him.

After hours rides in with usual begrudging celebration

Agree whole-heartedly with this post. I cannot believe some of the comments on this thread. If any of you had ever taken the time to read his books you would know that he is an extremely hard worker. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of a person but to take joy in seeing a person's livelihood crumble around them is just awful.

Some of ye would want to cop on.

He's probably a lot more decent than the lot of you put together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Will he still be able to go into space?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He is a long time supporter of the corrupt FF party that destroyed my country

FCUK HIM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

He is a long time supporter of the corrupt FF party that destroyed my country

FCUK HIM

Yeah and how about all the idiotic Irish people who voted them in numerous times? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

anncoates wrote: »
    Thank fuck.

Glad I cheered you up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

I think what Bill ment, was work for free, when you receive valuable experience in return, it's being happening for the last 20 years, through intermenships, and in fairness, it's not really working for free.

eg if I work for free, self thought or on a government program. I still getting my basics sorted. I also become a more valuable employee/employer, and through my valuable experience a better employee/employer.

In saying that Bill, when I meet him, for his sighing of his book, was smug indeed, but maybe he deserved to be. He ran a very successful business for years and "mein feiners" who think he deserves to be shot down for having being successful, need to talk a good and hard look at their attitude towards being Irish.

Side note (I can't believe he's 70, really??? :eek:)

good for you. But this "work for nothing" business. Would you really? How would you pay your bills, mortgage, insurance, medical. Another word for it would be slave labour - although I think in slave times they actually GOT a roof over their head and fed and watered. These joe soaps wanted people to do it for nothing.

Also, two years is nothing - your still probably in "holiday" mode with the new experience. Give it ten or so and you will have the rosie tinted glasses well off (no offense)

If I could work for nowt as well as JSA or whatever then I would do it

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Red Menace; if there is one thing that annoys the almighty bejasus out of me its Irish people who move overseas and cant wait to tall everyone back home how **** it is here and how great it is over there......and how we are all **** and the people in the country we've moved to are so much better than us.

Yeah point taken.

Goes to prove my point I'm Irish and begrudge the begrudgers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Will he still be able to go into space?

His mot looks like she already has and then melted on reentry to the earth's atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

Something fishy bout your begrudging attitude. I'd agree with the Canadian post and that your response just adds to his evidence. Read it back and listen to yourself. You make me laugh ............... or are you really being serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm going to print out this thread and keep it on my desk and show it to people who ask me why I moved to Canada.
    Here people are genuinely happy to see people get ahead and be a success.

Not like Ireland it is all fcuk him who does he think he is building up a business empire and how happy people are to see him fail. Or I'm glad he failed because he was on a stupid TV show

Why would those americans care what you have on your desk?

Yeah point taken.

Ah well.....look on the bright side.

When you slag people off in Canada, they will think you are a complete maverick not afraid to his speak his mind.....as opposed to just......Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

wonder about those apprentice winners steve raynor and the other english girl who won in 2010. that lad from kildare who won in 2011, eugene was a bit shady, he said that eddie jordan was one of his referees on his CV even though he never worked for him. it made for good,cringeworth TV

im going to miss the apprentice now, maybe bill should go to RTE about getting them to show the apprentice for 2013 especially if his business is going bad. :D

• Advertisement

Ah well.....look on the bright side.

When you slag people off in Canada, they will think you are a complete maverick not afraid to his speak his mind.....as opposed to just......Irish.

Yep just a pity my sense of humour is lost on them.
    Anyway I've said all I want on this thread so I'll leave it to ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I'm going to print out this thread and keep it on my desk and show it to people who ask me why I moved to Canada.

Mary thought she had the most decorative cubicle in the whole office, what with her stuffed animal collection and humorous "I need to get organazised" poster", but little did she know she was soon to be usurped by an Irish refugee and his print out from a message board........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

OK, I'd like you to all leave the thread now. And fran1985, Lando Griffin and Red Menace I will be calling you back in here to the thread, and one of you(red menace) will be asked to carry my space suit for me on the way to the space ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Boombastic wrote: »
    Will he go back selling penny apples or maybe he could try selling some salt of the earth?

Salt is is terridilible for the earth. Me trees would bare no fruit. (apples)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

What a load of Liaroidí!

Yeah point taken.

or when the going gets tough, you bailed :D:D

wonder about those apprentice winners steve raynor and the other english girl who won in 2010. that lad from kildare who won in 2011, eugene was a bit shady, he said that eddie jordan was one of his referees on his CV even though he never worked for him. it made for good,cringeworth TV

im going to miss the apprentice now, maybe bill should go to RTE about getting them to show the apprentice for 2013 especially if his business is going bad. :D

sure we'll still have the Alan Sugar apprentice - a successful business man who comes across as a SINCERE person.

OK, I'd like you to all leave the thread now. And fran1985, Lando Griffin and Red Menace I will be calling you back in here to the thread, and one of you(red menace) will be asked to carry my space suit for me on the way to the space ship.

Bill??? you darling.

And you are right Tombo there is no place on me for boards anymore.
    Best of luck to everyone it's been fun but time to move on, it's been fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

there is no place for me for in Ireland anymore.

I'm sensing a pattern here......

• Advertisement

ok see ya, its been fun bye bye, its been fun maybe you will come back, its been fun. :p:p:o:o

ok see ya, its been fun bye bye, its been fun maybe you will come back, its been fun. :p:p:o:o

I miss him already, I mean bill, rather than red. I can feel the Irish economy shrinking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

ejmaztec wrote: »
    ... anyway, who the feck wants to own a Renault?

Thats what i never understood ,when you can buy a well enginered German or Japanese car for around the same price .French cars have always been shoddy .

BTW ,Bill is a creep who i would only gloat to see in the Gutter .Utter scum individual .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Yeah point taken.

Bet you got a canadian accent already.ah sh*t he,s gone,Tombo you are a ledgend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

anto9 wrote: »
    BTW ,Bill is a creep who i would only gloat to see in the Gutter .Utter scum individual .

Why :confused: Explain how he is what you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

realies wrote: »

If you need an explaination ,you really would not understand .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Never rated him. He's no Sean Quinn... oh wait, he's no Michael O'Leary?? Who do we have?!

If you need an explanation ,you really would not understand .

Understand what:confused: you posted that he was scum and you will gloat to see him in the gutter, explain yourself why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Did he rape your dog or something? That's pretty harsh if its just about his gloating attitude... there must be something we don't know about.

• Advertisement

No seriously why do you think that way, have you meet the man? I really want what ever scandle you have on him. Or maybe you are talking through your unicorn? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

sure we'll still have the Alan Sugar apprentice - a successful business man who comes across as a SINCERE person.
    Is that a joke? Tim Campbell, the first winner of The Apprentice, has quit Amstrad to set up on his own, 2nd series winner Michelle Dewberry, left after four months of a 'backroom' job recycling old computers.3 series winner left after 3 years. 4 series winner left after 2 years. 5 series winner left after working for 6 months. 6 series winner is currently suing Sugar for constructive dismissal ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2046894/Apprentice-winner-Stella-English-quit-100k-job-Lord-Sugar.htmll)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

realies wrote: »

Id like to know what ya mean too? I know people dislike him for their own reasons, but I've never heard him described as scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Here people are genuinely happy to see people get ahead and be a success.

Not like Ireland it is all fcuk him who does he think he is building up a business empire and how happy people are to see him fail. Or I'm glad he failed because he was on a stupid TV show

Laminate it too, along with your passport just in case you ever decide to come back here.....

Anyhow, you can be successful without being a condescending Gobsh1te, who says we have to love him because he was a successful Gobsh1te?

- Renault can go fcuk off too, with their hopeless, miserable, horrible, sellotaped togther, electrically obtuse cars......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

We need more people like Bill in this country. He pays his taxes here when he could be dodging

Big whoopdeefrickindoo,he pays his taxes! So do the vast majority of the rest of us but we aren't preaching to skilled workers who are trying to make a life for themselves to go and work for free -that guy seriously needs to get down off himself!

EDIT: And it's less to do with begrudging success and more about not accepting his self-righteous muppetry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

Bill Cullen would have my sympathy if he wasn't a moralising cock.
    I'll admit some of that could be bluster for the apprentice show but his appearance on tv claiming young people were lazy and should get up at dawn to lick the streets clean for no money until they found a job was laughable.
    If memory serves he did go on a rant saying "in my day it was better" style rant. well **** off.

No doubt he'd love a few interns to work for their dole for his companies.
    What a cock.

there are plenty of successful business men and rich people in ireland who have my respect because:

1. They don't moralise
    2. They're not media whores.

They get on with business...I believe most irish people think like this and the begrudgery is actually rare enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

heard something on radio this morning that he lost his exclusive "renault" Contract. Is that true?

Maybe if he tells them he will work for nothing, they might give it back to him. ;)

Are you a WARRIOUOR
    Hopefully he is, the truth about how he made his money has yet to be told publicly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

The problem is Bills not getting up early enough of a morn dese dayz.....

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Hopefully he is, the truth about how he made his money has yet to be told publicly!

He sold apples :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

He's the worst of the fianna Fail,scratch my back,do a lad a turn whinging Crank who expects us mere mortals to serve his interests just because he went without shoes as a child.
    That waxwork moth of his looks like a melted novelty candle,they are well suited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

her style and model looks??

anyone have any young pics of jackie;)?

"prepares for fap sessioun":o

Perv

*gets tissues and awaits sexy jackie pics*

• Advertisement
Advertisement