Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vbac 14 months after section?

Options
  • 24-08-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Very happily just found out I'm pregnant with number 2 ( very very early days - think about 4/5 weeks). No 1 is just a week over six months and was born by section due to frank breech position.
    It's too early to be even letting it sink in but at same time I want an idea of what's ahead of me before I go to the doc next week to get it confirmed!
    My questions are :
    Anyone had successful VBAC soon after birth of first child? And if not why not?
    How do they date the pregnancy if you haven't had a period since before number 1 - do they scan you earlier?
    Does anyone know of good holles st semi private consultant with interest in VBAC?
    Do they monitor you more regularly during pregnancy in case of rupture?

My scar seems to be doing well and never gave me any issues until last week when it started to tingle which in retrospect was prob from what was going on inside!!!

I'm delighted, know the age gap will be challenging but happy they will be so close! I think I would prefer a VBAC as I would not ideally like to have to deal with a section recovery , a newborn and 14 month old - I don't have a huge amount of support as live far from any family.

Thanks in advance for any advise or personal experiences either way!

Advertisement