Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Fish n Chips in town

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Been to Beshoff on O'Connell street. Complete disappointment.
    Might have been the fish i ordered, but if i order fish and chips, you'd think they would have de-boned the fish atleast.

Utter rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Passenger wrote: »
    Aye, seems decent as a destination post pub for some soakage. Chips are crispy and dry and fish and sausages are battered per order which is rather refreshing.

Was in here a few weeks back - I thought the cod goujons and chips were excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My Dad was always telling me how nice Burdock's was so I popped in a few months ago and ordered fresh cod and chips.
    I was disappointed-the fish was a bit bland and the chips were a bit anaemic looking. I didn't get any crispy bits either and found the whole thing just a bit overrated. Actually prefer Macari's chips.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I always thought P!Borza had decent Fish and Chips. Man... I'm hungry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

After reading this thread i popped into the fryery; the fish was nice nothing extraordinary, but the chips were delis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

dMaN24 wrote: »
    Been to Beshoff on O'Connell street. Complete disappointment.
    Might have been the fish i ordered, but if i order fish and chips, you'd think they would have de-boned the fish atleast.

Utter rubbish.

dreadful stuff they serve. Fish is very greasy and seems to just melt into mush into your mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Beshoffs bros just off baggot st near the canal serves the best fish and chips in town. Only downside is the plastic cutlery!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

technocrat wrote: »
    Beshoffs bros just off baggot st near the canal serves the best fish and chips in town. Only downside is the plastic cutlery!

Not a hope, last time I was there it was the greasiest fish and chips I've ever gotten.

Advertisement