Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maggot infestation

Options
  • 24-08-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,853 ✭✭✭

I went around the communal side I share with my neightbours to see a load of maggots ont eh groud. The reason is becase they overloaded their bins with Childrens nappies and the bins have not been emptied for about 2 weeks. Will they just die out or how should I get rid of them. Its really upto the neighbours to do this. The worry I would have is if they get into the house and start breeding. Its a pity I share a side with the neighbours in that they let the bins overflow like that with the nappies:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Maggots won't breed, but they are the larval stage of flies, which will breed and make more maggots, however unless there's rotting food in your house then you're unlikely to have any more to worry about than some flies hanging around.

There's not much you can do about the maggots in the bin, but the ones on the ground can be killed by squashing, or pouring boiling water on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,853 ✭✭✭billyhead

Cheers, I won't have any rotten food in the house anyway. It was just disgusitng seeing them all over the ground thsi morning. I am not sure if the wet or damp weather played a part in encouraging them out. i will pour boling water over them when I get home if there still their then.

Advertisement