Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas Boilers

• 24-08-2012 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

anyone got any thoughts on gas boilers as a supplement to solar and solid fuel buffer tank heating system on RADS??

is gas more effienct that oil??

any thought or experiences of Gas???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭PeteHeat

You might want to take a look at the attached file.

I was surprised at the price you quoted for LPG, perhaps it's a special or limited offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭JD6910

I have a quote for 72C per litre for gas. this is pretty good i reckon??

JD6910 wrote: »

Almost a miracle, possibly the only fossil fuel to drop substantially in price this year according to the independent data published by SEAI.

Please see Note 5 on the left of the page;

Standing charge €18.60 per two months for tank rental and maintenance.

I would check the small print, you may be looking at a special offer which I understand one company offers for the first 18 months of the contract.

As you indicated in an another thread the tank would be underground, I suggest that you ask when the contract expires as you may wish to change fuel or supplier.

Perhaps see if it's possible to buy the tank so you can change supplier or fuel without incurring the standing charge indicated in Note 5 (quoted above).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

I recently installed an LPG system for client who got 65 cent per litre. They also got their first 1,200 litres FOC. Tank rental frozen at €100 per annum.

anyone got any thoughts on gas boilers as a supplement to solar and solid fuel buffer tank heating system on RADS??

is gas more effienct that oil??

any thought or experiences of Gas???

Gas is not more efficient than oil, however, gas will use less fuel than oil. To explain, the burn/combustion efficiencies of each fuel type burner are pretty much identical, but how the gas boiler will win over the oil will be through modulation. Oil burners are fixed to output a given kw output when the burner is firing and zero when off; no in-between output, whereas a gas boiler can modulate the amount of gas/air in to suit the demand at that particular moment. It measures the return temperature, so when cold gives maximum output and when the return temp rises, it can modulate downwards to suit and therfore consume less fuel. Basically it can tick over on low flame to maintain the required system temperature.

• Advertisement

shane0007 wrote: »
    I recently installed an LPG system for client who got 65 cent per litre. They also got their first 1,200 litres FOC. Tank rental frozen at €100 per annum.

Hi,

Good info, do you know how long the price is fixed for?

The deal I saw was discounted for 18 months them reverts back to the commercial rate of the day, a bit like some deals on offer for broadband they apply for a set period then revert to the normal charges.

Contract was a 2 year contract with fixed prices for the term of the contract. It can be re-negotiated then. Contract was with Calor.

Thanks shane007,

I thought it was along those lines.

I checked with my customer their price reverts to Market (not commercial) price after 18 months.

The tank contract (surface) minimum 5 years.

Advertisement