Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Philippines (US) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Good ep, big improvement getting rid of Russell last week, was sick of him/ Next weeks looks interesting, think this is going to get very good once they trim the numbers down a bit, should be some good hidden immunity action coming up.

Sounds like Jeff is in there with Dawson btw :D
    THR: So I have to ask, what was the hug and kiss all about?

Dawson: I am a huge fan of Survivor, and this may sound a little creepy. ... I watched Survivor every single Wednesday night. I had people over to watch Survivor, but several times when I have been watching by myself, I got extremely close to the television and put my hands on my screen when his face is right there. I'm a huge fan of Jeff Probst. I love what he adds to the game. He's an extremely appropriate host, and that's why it's been on the air for 25 seasons. He's a great host and has the most amazing fan base, aided by the fact that he's gorgeous and his dimples have little pots of gold in his cheeks. So yeah, absolutely, as soon as I got close to him and he snuffed my torch, gamewise, it couldn't hurt me at all. So I grabbed him and made eye contact ... and gave him a kiss on the cheek as a fan to say, "Thank you for being on the show, and you're hot, and I'm going to wrap my arms around you."

STORY: 'Survivor: Philippines': Dana Lambert on Her 'Seriously Heartbreaking' Decision to Leave Game
    THR: What was his reaction?

Dawson: He looked a little scared at first because the look on my face went from a little intense to super intense to bedroom eyes, and then once I got the bedroom eyes, I think he got the picture, and he totally welcomed my affection. It was such a great moment for me. I went from the extreme low of being voted out to a pretty extreme high. I was the first person in history to kiss him after being torch-snuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

LOL Bedroom eyes!!!:D

God damn it Penner and co can't buy a win.Was really rooting for them.Right person voted out,thought Penner was in trouble.Interesting end to a good reward challenge,think Penner and co were foolish to give up the rice.LOL re the Penner's fish catch,loads of protein.....NOT!Malcolm is looking likely to be a huge physical challenge in individual immunity challenges,good match up with Kent.Carter was quite weak this week,not sure if he'll cope with the physical strains,nearly commited a fatal error "Katie or Penner?" to Penner!Yet again our Brazilian nut Abi sits out a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Woohoo increased my survivor collection by 1 more item :D

Everyone ready for Survivor tonight? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sad to see
    RC
    go. That Abi is a complete nutter and if she makes it far I'll be disappointed.

Unpredictable vote which is always a good thing. Idol's very rarely get used properly but it definately made a big difference in that episode.

I'm laying down a marker early. Jeff is going to win this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Poor decision by Jeff tbh, he was blinded by his belief that returning players shouldn't win the million bucks....

Millionaire former baseball stars is a different matter of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Delighted that Penner didn't get voted out. I didn't like him before this series but I'm looking forward to seeing how he reacts to getting those votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Delighted that Penner didn't get voted out. I didn't like him before this series but I'm looking forward to seeing how he reacts to getting those votes.

Aye, he's one of the best on this season tbh. From the preview at the end, it looks like the next episode will be fun.

Totally, didn't see Carter being that strong in an immunity challenge. Was expecting Malcolm to walk away with it.

My favourites this season are definitely Malcolm, Denise and Penner, so am hoping they go far, and preferably Abi and Pete leaving soon (doubtful though). If anything, I could easily see Abi getting to a final 3 as she has no chance in the jury vote

titan18 wrote: »
    Aye, he's one of the best on this season tbh. From the preview at the end, it looks like the next episode will be fun.

Totally, didn't see Carter being that strong in an immunity challenge. Was expecting Malcolm to walk away with it.

My favourites this season are definitely Malcolm, Denise and Penner, so am hoping they go far, and preferably Abi and Pete leaving soon (doubtful though). If anything, I could easily see Abi getting to a final 3 as she has no chance in the jury vote

Sure he only weighs about 7 stone....

Absolutely superb episode,turning out to be a great season in spite of the continued presence of one of my bugbears... returnee players.Started really well post the merge with homely Lisa coming upon Malcolm's idol.Pulling him into a possibly unforeseen,unwanted final 3 alliance.Great suspense throughout,really thought Skupin and KC would defect,Big miscalculation on Kent and Carter's part going with the majority tribe,idiotic decision.I was convinced Peter was going home,intensely dislike him and Abi.Never get it when people take an intense dislike for somebody for no obvious good reason,suppose Lord of the Flies comes to mind.The Immunity Challenge was first class,Kent tried to call Carter's bluff for the win.Surprised at Malcolm's meek performance.Tribal was fascinating,Lisa was very impressive.As Penner pointed out she has potential to go further flying under the radar,ditto Denise.Glad KC did get to call out psycho Abi in tribal as a last hurrah.Gutted but Penner appears to be in dire straits,engaging in the free agent like Ozzy or Troyzan is dooming him to failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I have to say I think this is my favourite season of all time (so far anyway)!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

I was really surprised the way Stupin voted. Thought he was tight with RC and I was sure he would have voted for Pete.

I was sad to see RC go. I liked her.

Dont like Abi or Pete. Once Abi sees the season back she will see how wrong she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well up until tonight I thought it was a pretty lame season, but that whole episode was absolutely balls to the wall fan-f*cking-tastic!
    From Penner winning immunity to the crazy tribal council. Very clever move by Malcolm by revealing he had the idol so no one would vote him and then not playing it, and as a byproduct of that Abi stupidly revealed she had an idol of her own, and right down to Penner's revenge with the way that vote went, by throwing it. Genius. Penner deserves to win the whole thing and he's clever enough to pull it off, so I hope it goes his way.

What a fantastic episode,one of the greatest ever.Everything that's been missing in previous seasons was in abundance.Suspense,fluidity of alliances.From the get go thought Penner was a goner,massive win in the IC.Loved the water based reward challenge.Skupin looked next to be on the chopping block but then Lisa decided she wanted to make a big move,idiotic in my opinion.The s*** proverbially hit the fan,pretty impressed with Pete as a player.Great strategic player,lousey social player.Love the way he interrogated Malcolm re the idol and then pulled Kent's name out for the vote.Ingenious move!Had no idea with the fragility of alliances who was going to be voted out.Tribal was crazy,yip clever move by Malcolm,stupid by Abi.God her big mouth is possibly going to cost Peter and his dark alliance dearly.Penner must of had a big chuckle when his arch nemesis's torch was snuffed out first.Will not be surprised if Lisa is voted out in the near future.

PS How hot did AC look in that dress??!!

Great ep.

While penner's decision to spoil his vote and get scupin to vote Jeff may make him happy as he goes to sleep, I'm not sure it was the wisest move stategically. He could have ended Pete's alliance right then and there. That may come back to bite him.

I tipped Jeff to win. Honestly, I think if ANYBODY else would have won immunity....he still would have. Even so, Penner winning the immunity challenge was brilliant. I was whooping in my chair when he slotted that piece in. Talk about a clutch moment! :D If he doesn't win it, he may get voted the fans favourite anyway at the results show. He is easy to root for.

Abi really is an adious little witch. We only get to see the 45 minute edit every week. The rest of them live with her day in and day out so imagine how they must feel. Surely she has no shot at winning and that pleases me no end. If she was atleast a little bit smart it would be different as you can respect a "villain". But she isn't. Revealing that idol was stupid. It gained her nothing and lost her some trust points. Compare that with Malcolm's Idol bravado of showing it and not playing it. Much better strategy.

Good tv by Penner but maybe not the best strategy, he should have ended the other alliance when he had the chance, he could go next now.

That scene with them all startegising on the beach was too funny, they were all up on top of each other working on the plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

http://robhasawebsite.com/jeff-probst-interview-survivor-philippines.html

Anyone who hasnt/doesnt listen to Rob's podcasts, this is a great one to start!!

Most intense two episodes of Survivor ever these past two weeks. Best post-merge game I've ever seen so far. The whole Good vs Evil has been enthralling and watching Penner work his magic has been amazing.

Most intense two episodes of Survivor ever these past two weeks. Best post-merge game I've ever seen so far. The whole Good vs Evil has been enthralling and watching Penner work his magic has been amazing.
    Delighted Skupin voted the right way,this will undoubtedly go down as one of the best seasons ever.Yeah the whole good v evil battle is enthralling.Pete said all that had to be said re Penner.He was'nt voting for him because he was a returnee rather his brilliance as a player.

Great episode. Abi's reaction was priceless, talk about having a face like a slapped arse!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Brilliant. Love it. I can't wait to see Abi's reaction next week. She needs to go soon. She's wrecking my head. I really want Penner to win. I never thought I'd say that.

It's the old saying but the test of a person's character is not how they treat their equals, but how they treat those below them. Abi was a complete b*tch to plenty of people when she felt in control but if you keep insulting people, they will turn on you.

Now she knows her back is up against the wall. Watch her be sweetness and light next week. Sickening.

It's also worth noting that a few of us gave Penner too much credit last week. It wasn't a decision to spoil his vote and get rid of Jeff.....he was just out of the loop. Interesting turn of events.

Interesting how the most solid alliance of two,Lisa and Skupin,voted differently.Lack of communication,differences of opinion?Admire Skupin,was ostracised by his own tribe and he turned when he got the chance.Could'nt understand Lisa staying loyal,will not buy her any votes at final tribal.God I can't wait until they vote Abi out,will really enjoy that!:D

Another great episode,interesting reward challenge.Abi played a blinder again....NOT!She really is'nt the smartest tool in the box,loved Probst's jibe.Mind you she was'nt the only one,Skupin step forward.Numerous plays for final 4 grouping,think Penner made a big mistake.Think Malcolm's final 4 will stay tight,loved it when Lisa let Abi down gently re the alliance switch,Penner not as subtle.Great immunity challenge,Skupin seems to getting stronger physically as the season progresses.Great tribal,Abi called out big time.She has absolutely no self awareness,yeah you are a horrible person.No cultural excuses,gloating after the reward challenge.Will miss her after she gets kicked off next week,nobody to give out about.Probst's was a bit of a dummy,did not click the fact that Artis was wearing the national colours of mad Abi's home country.Malcolm is looking the most likely,Denise,Skupin,Lisa making up the final 4.Carter does not appear to have a strong enough strategic game although he is a pretty likeable guy who will continue to be a strong physical threat at the ICs.
    Speaking of which,have TG4 stopped showing Survivor???

To be fair to Probst, I wouldn't know the national colours for whatever country it is Abi is from. I'm shockingly bad with flags and whatnot - maybe he just didn't know.

TG4 still shows it, but they're a couple of seasons behind...

Penner not agreeing a final four alliance yet is actually pretty smart. He doesn't want to risk going against somebody and losing their jury vote. He is letting the six develop before he weighs in. It's a long game strat. But it's risky because it does you no good if you are the next one to go. We'll see how it plays out.

You can see them laying into Abi and her getting upset and feel sorry for her. But we know better. She was a b*tch to people that she knew was going home and weaker than her. These sort of people don't realise it until it happens to them. She is finally getting what she deserves. Maybe she will watch the show back and realise what she is like and become the better for it. I highly doubt it though. People don't change.

Great to see abi get her comeuppance, great season so far. Only, gripe would be that carter is possibly the most boring player to ever play the game...

This season just gets better and better,here I was thinking Abi was some sort of deluded head the ball trying to manufacture a HII out of thin of air with the advantage gained at the Food Auction(great fun as always).So she proceeds to totally prove me wrong,she had the smarts in the IC.Disappointed Penner was voted off,his inability to cement a final 4 alliance when gifted the same by Lisa predictably proved fatal.She is proving beyond nauseating pulling the "I am not very good/cut out for this game",she is playing a hard game,little miss nicey nicey.It could win her the million bucks.Great tribal,funny Abi making the face behind Denise's back and Penner shouting Denise's name out as he voted.Looking very good for the final 4,Malcolm with the HII is locked in with Denise,ditto Skupin and Lisa.Carter seemed to develop a bit of personality this week,continues to be a serious threat at ICs.

That food auction has been my absolute favorite thing about Survivor since the start, I don't know why but its the most entertaining television you can get, they should throw the odd booby prize in aswell though, there were years where people spent all their cash on a glass of dirty camp water.

Another great ep, hope she keeps winning now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

Abi is the star of this season, hope she makes it to the finale.

Advertisement