Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Philippines (US) [** Spoilers **]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Capajoma wrote: »
    Abi is the star of this season, hope she makes it to the finale.
    I am afraid i can't concur,she is really vile but would be an ideal final tribal opponent.Anyhow probably the most disappointing episode of the season,as much as I like the food auction,detest the mawkish sentimentality of meeting the family friends.Over the years the competitors really over egg it with all the tears.Interesting choice by Malcolm for the reward,Denise left out!Everytime Lisa does her solo chats I now reach for the vomit bucket,"I can play".She should write the handbook.Shame Carter was voted out over the horror that is Abi,nice guy but heck right call,too big a physical and social threat.Unless Abi can resurrect a REAL fourth HII lol or defy us by winning the next IC she's a gonner unless Lisa flops her vote as per the preview.Then it shall get interesting,Skupin and Lisa versus Denise and Malcolm,hard to call a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

154398_640961785654_1839906228_n.jpg

:):):)

kingtut wrote: »
    154398_640961785654_1839906228_n.jpg

:):):)

Another buy at the auctions kingtut??Johnny Fairweather's?

seligehgit wrote: »
    Another buy at the auctions kingtut??Johnny Fairweather's?

Yes and yes :)

I really need to get my full collection posted on yourprops.com (http://www.yourprops.com/irishalanl-movie-props-wardrobe.html)

They did a great job on edit,really thought Skupin and Lisa might be angling to get rid of Denise but the deluded Abi sealed her fate at tribal.Although they stayed true to their final 4 alliance I think they made the wrong call,it definitely would have made it easier to vote out Malcolm.Skupin remains his only challenger in last IC.Great politicking by Lisa trying to pick up the jury vote.If Lisa does not win it,she is a shoe in for the Sprint player of the season.As predicted it's Skupin and Lisa v Malcolm and Denise,let the mind games begin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'd like to see Malcolm win... Or perhaps Skupin... Lisa has been too wishy washy for my liking, and Denise has played a good game, but she's definitely the least likeable of the 4, IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Great politicking by Lisa trying to pick up the jury vote.

True. It gained her a few brownie points with the jury. But Denise really, really teed that up for her. Was a definite "whoops!" moment and you could see it afterwards on Denise's face and her backtracking.
    If Lisa does not win it,she is a shoe in for the Sprint player of the season.

Not a fecking chance. Isn't that voted by the viewing public? Maybe it's just me, but I find her highly unlikeable. I cant understand why anybody would vote for her unless the bible thumpers come out in force.

She has played the game terribly and is incredibly lucky to be sitting at the end. From crying about honesty, to confronting Malcolm about the idol instead of telling everyone, to constantly claiming this game isn't for her and how bad she is at it, to her "I can play!" cringe moment, to talking strategy into the camera like she has a clue.....she doesn't, she's clueless. The only smart thing she has done in 39 days was at the last tribal and that was a bit of an accident.

She might win, because the Tandang crew will vote for her and the rest of the Juryt hate her the least.......but if she winds up winning she will go down in that list as one of the undeserving winners. She has been a total passenger and I hate it when passenger's win.

Kirby I dislike Lisa as much as anybody,as is quite obvious from my previous posts.But I think with all the air time the Survivor team have afforded her and her mawkish,sentimental,bible loving,apple pie persona,it is been teed up for her to win it.The American public especially down south just love these type of characters.What was the name of that older red neck lady with a hard luck story that won the Sprint player in Nicaragua?What I dislike most about her is her pretence that she is too nice to play the game whilst concocting some potential gamechangers.Her self righteousness drives me round the bend.Having said that I can not agree that she has been a total passenger.She is neither half as clever as she thinks she is or as clueless as some perceive her.After all her choosen profession is acting.I have grave doubts the jury would give her the requisite votes.Yip defo think Malcolm or Skupin are the most deserving.Slight bias towards Skupin after his medvac in Australia,what a comeback it would be.Denise did really tee it up nicely for Lisa in tribal,quite a bad error.Roll on the finale!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Can't believe Lisa managed to win the player of the season, really should have been Malcolm or Penner (especially after that jury vote speech being so awesome).

Out of the final 3, was happy Denise won it and not Lisa, would have preferred Malcolm had gone on to win it as he was better imo

titan18 wrote: »
    Can't believe Lisa managed to win the player of the season, really should have been Malcolm or Penner (especially after that jury vote speech being so awesome).

Out of the final 3, was happy Denise won it and not Lisa, would have preferred Malcolm had gone on to win it as he was better imo

As I predicted Lisa won the sprint player lol,yip Malcolm would have been a worthy winner of the Sprint player as he was a shoe in to win the million bucks.But Lisa was an under rated player and did try to make big moves as she mentioned at final tribal.She found Malcolm's HII and strategised against him and had a back up which ensured her tribe stayed strong.Malcolm was the cause of his own downfall,failing to tie up an alliance with Denise.Of course failing to win the IC made him a certainty for the jury.Can't believe how bitter the jury was towards Skupin and Lisa,Penner really threw Lisa under the bus.Skupin should have won it hands down,won 3 ICs and was an easy target as a returnee player.Can't for the life of me work out how Denise sowed up the votes with her appeasement strategy.She'd have made Neville Chamberlain proud.Thought she was generally the least convincing at final tribal,very bitter jury me thinks.Anyhow this will go down as one of the finest seasons of Survivor in many a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

As I predicted Lisa won the sprint player lol,yip Malcolm would have been a worthy winner of the Sprint player as he was a shoe in to win the million bucks.But Lisa was an under rated player and did try to make big moves as she mentioned at final tribal.She found Malcolm's HII and strategised against him and had a back up which ensured her tribe stayed strong..

When you say it like that it sounds more impressive than it actually was in my opinion. Finding Malcolm's Idol was an accident, she didn't go looking for it like a clever player would. She was washing clothes ffs. :p And then she did the dumbest thing about it........go tell Malcolm. You either say nothing and keep the info in your back pocket as a weapon or you tell everybody who will listen. Just telling him made her a target because Malcolm knows if she goes next, his secret stays safe.

It took her over a week to use the information and the "backup" she referred to was bollix. She was just taking credit for peters plans.

I also don't think it was a strategy to "keep the tribe strong". Thats more bollix she said at tribal. If you watch it back, all she was doing was going with the group because she was afraid of upsetting people.

I have no respect for players who flip flop and play wishy washy and then claim they played the game well. You can play the honour card and keep your alliances and word.......... or you can play the cuthroat strategist.....but you can't play both.

Dunno, I just really disliked her. She came accross alot better in the reunion show but I think the true character comes out over 39 days as opposed to a one off hour show where she prepped what she was going to say.

It's also worth noting that she only won the sprint award by a few thousand votes. Like I said, Bible thumpers out in force. The deep south is nothing if not predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

Denise deserved the win out of the Final 3, she had the better argument no question

Skupin with his "aahh ahh ahh" ****e and Ms Lisa from the south "Thiiiis gaaammeee is tooo big for meee" GOOD LUCK!!

Yes Malcolm was the best of the 4, but not the best person wins all the time as we see!

I was surprised Lisa won FF, but in a way not because of her background and the Bible Bashers voting for her!

Glad Probst took the time to talk to everyone at the reunion, something he hasnt done in a good while, was a little surprised Penner didn't have as much Air Time in the finale though, sad to see him go, but he left with a bang!

When you think about the Jury, there were alot of big egos on it, hence why it was so bitter, the ones who didnt have an ego werent bitter ie. RC and Carter.

26 will be apon us all come Feb 13, in interviews Jeff has said its better than 25, we shall see? Its been heavily spoiled over the net for along time, hopefully none of you guys have heard what happens! Ill still enjoy it though!

Thats my 2 cents, Keith out!!

26 will be apon us all come Feb 13, in interviews Jeff has said its better than 25, we shall see? Its been heavily spoiled over the net for along time, hopefully none of you guys have heard what happens! Ill still enjoy it though!

Thats my 2 cents, Keith out!!

The returnees for Season 26 are a joke, and aren't exactly favourites in my opinion... I don't think Season 26 will be be able to beat this season but we will see.

Production favourites thats all they are!!

The only 2 I could think of are
    Brenda from 21 and Malcolm 25
    other than that its Jeff's man crushes!!

Production favourites thats all they are!!

The only 2 I could think of are
    Brenda from 21 and Malcolm 25
    other than that its Jeff's man crushes!!

Actually, I have to agree, I am looking forward to seeing both of them again especially
    Malcolm
    as I was never all that impressed with
    Brenda.

Had to google where Caramoan is,should have watched the reunion again.Staying put for another season in the Philippines,really looking forward to a fans v favourites.Bring back good memories of the previous season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It was a good season... Not the greatest, but better than the last couple anyway... So who are the "Favourites" that are coming back next season?

In order of Season
    Eric - 16
    Corinne - 17
    Brenda - 21
    Francesca, Philip, Andrea - 22
    John, Dawn, Brandon - 23
    Malcolm - 25

And as for
    Brenda
    how could not be a fan of hers!!! She's a poor man
    Parvati
    and even with that probably better to look at!!

In order of Season
    Eric - 16
    Corinne - 17
    Brenda - 21
    Francesca, Philip, Andrea - 22
    John, Dawn, Brandon - 23
    Malcolm - 25

And as for
    Brenda
    how could not be a fan of hers!!! She's a poor man
    Parvati
    and even with that probably better to look at!!

Is that confirmed Keith?Not very awe inspiring.
    Erik
    is simply known for making dumbest move ever outside of JT,
    Corinne
    could be interesting addition,really dig
    Brenda
    ,really cute.Bit under rated as a player,S 22 players make me want to reach for the vomit bag,
    there had to be a Hantz
    !Expect lots of fireworks between
    Philip and Brandon,two crazy dudes
    .Glad
    Malcolm is back,nice guy and an excellent player
    .Expect a big target on his back,he might even hook up with
    Brenda or Andrea
    .:D Bit surprised Matt from Nicaragua is not in the mix to come back.

Its all but confirmed on the Internet that line-up!
    Brenda, Fran, John and Corinne
    have all used Social Media to confirm them being away/on 26.

Spoilers confirm the rest on a number of sites...

I think you mean Matt from Redemption Island 22, there was no Matt on 21 :)

As far as I know, he's still in medical school, and I presume once he's free theyll invite him back!

I know also that
    Troyzan and Tyson
    were asked but in the end didnt make the cut, I presume ahead of
    Malcolm

God damm these spoiler tags are time consuming!!

• Advertisement

Its all but confirmed on the Internet that line-up!
    Brenda, Fran, John and Corinne
    have all used Social Media to confirm them being away/on 26.

Spoilers confirm the rest on a number of sites...

I think you mean Matt from Redemption Island 22, there was no Matt on 21 :)

As far as I know, he's still in medical school, and I presume once he's free theyll invite him back!

I know also that
    Troyzan and Tyson
    were asked but in the end didnt make the cut, I presume ahead of
    Malcolm

God damm these spoiler tags are time consuming!!

Agreed re spoilers,God damn my head is a blender,of course Matt was on RI,mixed him up with Fabio!:D Amazed and disappointed Tyson and Troyzan did not make the cut.

Troy said on RHAP that "he" chose not to go on this season, my arse! Tyson said he was game ball for it, but they went for a different approach in the end?

Having thought about it a little last night how about this for a possible cast....

S17 Gabon - Matty, Kenny

S18 Tocantins - Erinn, Taj

S19 Samoa - Eric (Galu), Monica/Laura

S21 Nigurua - Brenda, Marty, Alina

S22 RI - Mike (Captain America), David, Ashley

S23 S.Pacific - Jim, Whitney, Albert

S24 - Kat, Troyzan, Chelesa

S25 - Malcolm, RC, Pete

So your 10 could be.. Matty, Eric, Mike, Jim, Malcolm, Taj, Brenda, Whitney, Monica and Kat

I think thats not a bad lineup!! What yo guys think>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Why the spoiler tags? This info is readily available on the net & the thread is for those up to speed with the "US pace"....

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Why the spoiler tags? This info is readily available on the net & the thread is for those up to speed with the "US pace"....

I can't speak for everyone else but I use them because not everyone wants to have the cast list revealed to them before the show starts. Yes it is available online but that does not mean that everyone wants to see it ;)

I personally only look at spoilers to look at the cast list, any other information I try to avoid as it spoils my enjoyment of the show.

I second what the King has said! Thats why I put everything in them!

You'll always have one that said "Why did you spoil X/Y/Z" so this is to stop that!!

Should we start a Survivor 26 thread and put all this in it or what??

I second what the King has said! Thats why I put everything in them!

You'll always have one that said "Why did you spoil X/Y/Z" so this is to stop that!!

Should we start a Survivor 26 thread and put all this in it or what??

I created a thread for Season 26 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

FINALLY got time to myself to watch the finale tonight, been grinding my teeth deleting updates from this thread and Facebook and avoiding spoilers all over the place for ages, was not expecting Denise to win, I really thought Malcolm had it. Brilliant final, brilliant reunion and brilliant season, one of the best apart from the first Fans vs Favs which is probably my all time favorite season, cant believe they're doing that again, I love the way Survivor producers aren't afraid to go with what works and what the fans want to see, its what keeps it fresh for so long compared to the sh1tty way the fanbase on other shows gets treated by the networks. See you all in the new thread, only a few weeks until its all on again :D

EDIT: That wasnt
    Ruperts beardie face
    that flashed up in the preview for next season was it? Dont know if Id agree with putting him in again...

Advertisement