Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horse Laziness

• 24-08-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

I seen a horse pull a trailer by the window of my work there and i was just wondering,

Do you think the average horses fitness has deminished since the introduction of the car?

Back in the day, Id imagine most horse would have spent their days pulling all sorts of things around the streets and canals, but now all they do is sit in fields.

Either way, I think the average horse has it a bit too easy nowadays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

congratulations.
    this might be the most pointless thread to grace after hours this year.
    you must be proud

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

I agree
    Send them to Iraq or Mosney
    Bunch of layabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

neil_hosey wrote: »
    I seen a horse pull a trailer by the window of my work there and i was just wondering,

Do you think the average horses fitness has deminished since the introduction of the car?

Back in the day, Id imagine most horse would have spent their days pulling all sorts of things around the streets and canals, but now all they do is sit in fields.

I've literally never seen a horse sit.

It's a pity there's no way for them to run in these fields.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I once saw the floor of a horse box collapse with a nag in it

bits of horse all over the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

I agree
    Send them to Iraq or Mosney
    Bunch of layabouts

dont get me started on donkeys. They have become completely obselete nowaways. All seem to do is prance around fields looking dischevelled like they had a hard day, when i fact, they dont even have to carry turf or timber for the fire anymore, they dont do anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Don't diss the horses, they make me my living :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Any horse I ever back is lazy as f*ck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

I once saw the floor of a horse box collapse with a nag in it

bits of horse all over the road

;)

kfallon wrote: »

im not talking about race horses, they're ok with me, they are atleast doing something. Its your average layabout horse that gets my goat.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Trapdoors for horsebox's ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

im not talking about race horses, they're ok with me, they are atleast doing something. Its your average layabout horse that gets my goat.

Is your goat lazy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Trapdoors for horsebox's ?

:confused:

Valetta wrote: »
    Is your goat lazy?

goats always done their own thing, i dont mind them so much.

This is what happens when you get long-term unemployed horses with no incentive to get back to work. Stealing goats, for f*ck's sake. Stop giving them sugarlump handouts for a start, then get them to work pulling rickshaws for women on hen nights. If they refuse, then off to the glue factory with them.

Hope you find your goat OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Is this the type of horse you mean?
    https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/7/10/Kcw1cGnFIUa3niKv-cKU7Q2.jpg

For the past week my voice was a little horse but it's stable now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

You're a horse masturbator?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

This is what happens when you get long-term unemployed horses with no incentive to get back to work. Stealing goats, for f*ck's sake. Stop giving them sugarlump handouts for a start, then get them to work pulling rickshaws for women on hen nights. If they refuse, then off to the glue factory with them.

Hope you find your goat OP.

i dont own a horse but if i did, id be taking your advice. As far as goats go, i dont think anyone really owns them. they are their own masters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

A horse doesn't know if it's lazy or not, a horse is a horse of course of course.

Unless;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Mr. Ed might have something to say about this. . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

policarp wrote: »
    Mr. Ed might have something to say about this. . .
    Neigh I don't think so.

He died in 1970.

goats always done their own thing, i dont mind them so much.

Goats sound like people doing impressions of goats.

They therefore freak me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Where To wrote: »
    Neigh I don't think so.

He died in 1970.

Jebus! am I that old?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Fair play to the horse, for years they were worked into the ground, about time they got it easy.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I don't know about horses being lazy. The horses in the Gardaí Mounted Police are always erect to attention!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

You might be right. Perhaps horse gymnasiums should be set up.

You could try the animals and pet issues forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=240

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Three men were in a bar discussing their worries about their wives. The first man says "I think my wife may be doing the dirt on me with an electrician". "Why do you think that?" the other two asked. "Because I was suspicious of something going on, and checked under the bed and found a box full of wire cutters and voltmeters and stuff".

Second man retorts "That's nothing. I think mine is screwing around with a handy man because like you I checked under the bed and found a tool-belt and hard-hat and stuff".

Third man goes "That's fecking nothing. I think my wife is sleeping with a horse"

"Why?" the other two asked in amazement.

"Because I looked under the bed and found a jockey"

Advertisement