Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maglus stylus

• 24-08-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Has anybody tried using the maglus stylus yet, I read a review from a few weeks back touting it as being one of the best styli available giving it a 9 out of 10 score. I'm heading back to college soon and wanted to get a good stylus even though I will probably be typing most of the time, we do draw a lot of diagrams. one of the coolest things about it though is that it is made by an Irish start up called applydea. I decided to pick it up, supporting Irish companies and all that. The only thing that pissed me off is that they are charging nearly €5 for shipping, a bit much considering the thing won't even have to leave the country to get to me and it's not like it's a large item. Anyways like i said I was just wondering if anyone has used it and what they thought of it?

Review is near the bottom of the page here ofr anyone who wants to take a look. http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/10/2925937/best-stylus-ipad-review

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I have one and it's quite good, nice build quality, good support from the company, but I'm not using it anymore because I sold my iPad. I paid around €20 with €5 postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ChunkyNorris

funkyflea wrote: »
    I have one and it's quite good, nice build quality, good support from the company, but I'm not using it anymore because I sold my iPad. I paid around €20 with €5 postage.

I'd love to take that off your hands if you have no use for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Well I'm hanging onto it if I ever decide to go back and get an iPad in future, but I'll let you know if I change my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Mine arrived anyway, very nice stylus when I compare it to the cheapo one I got when I bought my iPad, very happy with it, great for taking notes which will be its main function. Worth the price? Well I guess we will see how long it lasts taking nots for around 6-7 hours of note taking a day when I go back to college. Now I just have to make sure I don't loose it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Mine arrived anyway, very nice stylus when I compare it to the cheapo one I got when I bought my iPad, very happy with it, great for taking notes which will be its main function. Worth the price? Well I guess we will see how long it lasts taking nots for around 6-7 hours of note taking a day when I go back to college. Now I just have to make sure I don't loose it!

Sorry to drag up the old thread but… how's your maglus stylus? Did it proove to be good for taking notes? Has the tip lasted? Has the screen of your iPad lasted? Do you with you'd tried the bamboo stylus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Sorry to drag up the old thread but… how's your maglus stylus? Did it proove to be good for taking notes? Has the tip lasted? Has the screen of your iPad lasted? Do you with you'd tried the bamboo stylus?

I still have the stylus, but it has gotten very little use seeing as I have an old hand injury that makes it painful to wrote for long periods of time. But I am happy with it and don't wish I had gotten any other stylus, it's a good product.

Advertisement