Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you an animal lover?

• 24-08-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭

Well, are you? (Yes I know it's a crap thread but I'm ijn work and I'm bored. Humour me)
    I love dogs. Mans best friend and all that.
    I wouldn't say I'm a crazy animal lover, like all that "Fur is murder" stuff. It's comfy murder.
    Not a big fan of pigeons though. They have to be the laziest birds on the planet. They have wings, and they're all perfectly capable of flying but no, they choose to walk everywhere. Trying to walk around town is a nightmare because of all these fat little bastards waddling around the footpath. Every one of them is obese. "Fly you poxy rat with wings!!"
    I don't like cats either. They always look like they're planning something.
    Seals are cool. Mainly because they all look retarded and they're funny to watch.
    So what about yourself?

*in before "I like turtles"

Are you an animal lover? 139 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    90% 126 votes
    Cake
    9% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lainey_ie

At least you admit it is a crap thread:)

seriously you need some imagination...:)lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I love you Dean, you animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Dean09 wrote: »
    Well, are you? (Yes I know it's a crap thread but I'm ijn work and I'm bored. Humour me)
    I love dogs. Mans best friend and all that.
    I wouldn't say I'm a crazy animal lover, like all that "Fur is murder" stuff. It's comfy murder.
    Not a big fan of pigeons though. They have to be the laziest birds on the planet. They have wings, and they're all perfectly capable of flying but no, they choose to walk everywhere. Trying to walk around town is a nightmare because of all these fat little bastards waddling around the footpath. Every one of them is obese. "Fly you poxy rat with wings!!"
    I don't like cats either. They always look like they're planning something.
    Seals are cool. Mainly because they all look retarded and they're funny to watch.
    So what about yourself?

*in before "I like turtles"

I love dogs, detest pigeons, hate cats and lurve seals.

You, Dean, are my perfect partner! Any chance you travel on the 44 bus? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Animal lover? No. Beastiality fan? Occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

sloths are deadly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Love in what way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I like pussy...

But I love cock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

i like animals even the pigeons they dont get in your way THAT much! i think we get in their way :p

i have 5 hamsters and 2 cockatiels and a fighter fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Seals are pretty cool no arguments there, baby seals with their furry coats are just adorable.

Staying on the sea life theme, I had the pleasure of viewing Orcas up close one time. Magnificent beasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

I am a dog lover, cat despiser.

Does that count?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yes, I love dogs. Literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

lazy horses get my goat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I love to eat animals, mainly cows, pigs and chicken. Other little animals like dogs I like to pet and crocodiles I just like to look at from a distance, or on telly. We're also animals, and I don't know if I'm a big people lover, people can be awful jerks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Yes I am, not a nutter or anything but really like animals. Hate to see anything happening to them, anyone being cruel to them, it drives me mad and really pisses me off and if anyone of did something like that in my presence I would be probably end up being arrested.

Also most people who don't like cats have never owned one, cats are the ****. There seems to be a prevalence in Ireland that dogs are cool and everyone should be nice to them but **** cats, because they are creepy/evil/ whatever BS excuse they come up with, drives me up the wall, surely any normal person wouldn't like to see anything happen to any animal.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”~ Mahatma Gahandi

We aren't doing a very good job of living by this as a country and I agree it says an awful lot about us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I love my little doggy but I rarely like anyone else's dogs though. I think it's because they're not as cute as my dog. I've never seen a cuter or more friendly dog than my own :D
    I like cats and struggle to see why people don't. Cats have a similar temperment to myself so I get on well with them :D
    Foxes are gorgeous. I like all types of foxes arctic, red and especially fennec foxes!
    I don't really have a problem with the fur industry. I think it's ok to buy rabbit fur and things like that because they are a pest anyway!
    I love lizards and reptiles and I even like the huge spiders (but I don't like the common house spider) I want to have a geco and a spider as a pet one day. That'd be pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I fupping love dogs. So much so that when I see a nice one I will usually point at it and say "Aww, look at the wuffins!" :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I love dogs, would love to have a cat and I like to eat the rest. Especially pidgeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Dogs are simply the best. They have all the qualities I like in people: positive, affectionate, dedicated to having fun but also considerate at times (see how the most hyper dog will suddenly become super-protective and careful around a toddler).

I respect some cats for their attitude and for occasionally being fun, but the general selfishness and snobbery of them does tend to put me off.

Honourable mentions go to wolves, elephants, and monkeys and apes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Does bacon count? Mmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Dean09 wrote: »
    Well, are you?

I tried to love an animal once (well, three or four times really) and now I'm on some damned list :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I forgot to mention.....

Horses are magnificent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I love reptiles. Always have. Sharks and alligators are my favourite animals.

In Florida now and love picking up the lizards that do be running around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I've had sex with a great ape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Love dogs (big dogs in particular, e.g. Lab/Golden retriever and bigger), sloths, horses and dolphins. Pretty much anything that has some form of loyalty or appears to have some.

Couldn't care less about cats/birds/snakes etc. Actually it surprised me how little I cared about a cat that had been hit by a car and it's eyes had popped out with pink shíte behind them. Seem to see them an awful lot around where I live :confused:.

Cows/chickens/pigs are dinner so I don't think about them at all.

Also, I fooking hate small dogs bar beagles and maybe one or two other exceptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

I like pussy...

But I love cock.

I love to eat pussy, what does that make me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

A poll might be worthwhile for this thread OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Cats hate me, I hate cats

It's a fair relationship

Actually hate is a bit strong, it's more like cats don't give a damn about me. Food and shelter whores, it's all they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I am a cat lover
    a dog lover
    a bird lover (except crows and pigeons)
    a cow lover
    a horse lover
    a seal lover

Yeah, I just like nearly every animal. But as op stated, not to the point of particularly caring about eating meat and stuff. Too bad I dont have any animals myself :(

I should also mention I hate people who despise cats. Deal breaker for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I love dogs, have 2 little woofs myself. Also recently took in a stray kitten.
    I'm the kind of person who can't pass a dog wandering alone without stopping and checking that they're okay or lost. I return a dog to their owner at least once every 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

I love my little doggy but I rarely like anyone else's dogs though. I think it's because they're not as cute as my dog. I've never seen a cuter or more friendly dog than my own :D
    I like cats and struggle to see why people don't. Cats have a similar temperment to myself so I get on well with them :D
    Foxes are gorgeous. I like all types of foxes arctic, red and especially fennec foxes!
    I don't really have a problem with the fur industry. I think it's ok to buy rabbit fur and things like that because they are a pest anyway!
    I love lizards and reptiles and I even like the huge spiders (but I don't like the common house spider) I want to have a geco and a spider as a pet one day. That'd be pretty cool.

You love foxes and yet you dont have a problem with the fur industry? You do realise they farm foxes for fur? In tiny cages where they can barely turn around in. They have to lie on the mesh of the cage. Faeces can pile up in the cage and is never cleaned out. The cages are are lined up together so that the animals try fight with each other through the cages. They try bite through the wires injuring themselves and they NEVER get any medical treatment even if they break a jaw/leg/whatever. And then to top it all off they are electrocuted by sticking eltrodes in the anus and another in the mouth and then skinned.
    Do you still have no problem with the fur industry??

mauzo wrote: »
    I love reptiles. Always have. Sharks and alligators are my favourite animals.

In Florida now and love picking up the lizards that do be running around.

Awww they are what I miss about Florida the most :( My sister accidentally stood on one once and I nearly killed her :o They're so small and cute and misunderstood. I saw a few kids going around and torturing them and standing on them when I was over there. I went over and told their parents and they were punished by not being allowed to go to disneyland that day. Bit harsh but they deserved it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I don't like most animals as a general rule. I'm terrified of dogs, since I was bitten by one as a child.

I'm weary of almost every other animal I've come across, especially birds and cats though I'm not as afraid of them as I am of dogs.

I'd never have one in the house.

Despite this I'm not one of those people that likes seeing animals hurt/would hurt animals. I don't want them near me but at the same time I think they should be protected and well looked after. Just not by me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Daniel S wrote: »
    A poll might be worthwhile for this thread OP.

Poll added.

Demonical wrote: »
    You love foxes and yet you dont have a problem with the fur industry? You do realise they farm foxes for fur? In tiny cages where they can barely turn around in. They have to lie on the mesh of the cage. Faeces can pile up in the cage and is never cleaned out. The cages are are lined up together so that the animals try fight with each other through the cages. They try bite through the wires injuring themselves and they NEVER get any medical treatment even if they break a jaw/leg/whatever. And then to top it all off they are electrocuted by sticking eltrodes in the anus and another in the mouth and then skinned.
    Do you still have no problem with the fur industry??

No it's mainly only rabbit fur that I don't care about. I hate the thought of foxes being farmed for fur :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

duchalla wrote: »
    I love to eat pussy, what does that make me?

Famished?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I love all animals except for midges, crane flies, small annoying dogs, tasmanian devils and hyenas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I find that dogs are universally loved because of their blind loyalty to the owner. Humans need to feel loved and important and the canine certainly props up that need.

The cat sees you for what you are and doesn't initially fall in love. It takes time and effort to win their trust. Their independent streak means that they'll never truly rely on the person like the dog does. Some people misconstrue that for coldness or arrogance.

I keep both animals and find them each to be rewarding pets in their own way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I don't like most animals as a general rule. I'm terrified of dogs, since I was bitten by one as a child.

I'm weary of almost every other animal I've come across, especially birds and cats though I'm not as afraid of them as I am of dogs.

I'd never have one in the house.

Despite this I'm not one of those people that likes seeing animals hurt/would hurt animals. I don't want them near me but at the same time I think they should be protected and well looked after. Just not by me :)

I nearly got my ear torn off by a doberman as a kid, and I was chased by a pack of Irish wolfhounds... twice... Still love dogs.

Wouldn't get one myself though because it's an absolute bastard to keep the house clean with hair, and it's too mean to keep them outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

No it's mainly only rabbit fur that I don't care about. I hate the thought of foxes being farmed for fur :(

Rabbits are treated the exact same way in the fur industry..as are mink, dogs, chinchilla and whaetever else they use...Its not like the rabbits have had a grand aul life running around in the fields and then get shot for their fur...they are farmed for it, in the most vile conditions you could imagine..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I'd say I am... we share our house with four cats.
    My husband's been vegetarian ever since he found out as a kid that meat is dead animals, and I've been vegetarian myself for the last 4 years now.
    No, don't worry, the cats get fed on meat. We're vegetarians, not fanatics.

The only animals I dislike are spiders (creepy, horrible things. I leave them alone outside, but once they come into the house they're goners), and I am scared of dogs. I got attacked as a kid, and haven't managed to really get over it.
    I simply avoid dogs as much as possible, I wouldn't want anything happen to them.

• Advertisement

Bubblefett wrote: »
    I love dogs, have 2 little woofs myself. Also recently took in a stray kitten.

Good idea, dogs need fresh meat occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Yes love animals, pets enrich your life so much for the better.

Lollers wrote: »
    Yes love animals, pets enrich your life so much for the better.

More than humans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Yes my favourite song by them is House of the rising sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Confab wrote: »
    More than humans?

Well, more than some humans I have been unfortunate to come in contact with over the years.

Demonical wrote: »
    Rabbits are treated the exact same way in the fur industry..as are mink, dogs, chinchilla and whaetever else they use...Its not like the rabbits have had a grand aul life running around in the fields and then get shot for their fur...they are farmed for it, in the most vile conditions you could imagine..

I'm just saying it doesn't bother me as much as killing other animals for fur. I don't like rabbits. They always bite me.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Yeah I love animals.
    If my dog became human he would probably become like Liam neeson in taken. So cool & **** hot that there are no words to properly describe his awesomeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Jackob

absoufeckinlutely!! I love all kinds of animals except rats. They terrify me!! I have been known to pick up snails from the footpath and move them so they dont get stood on! And spiders, Im forever like an extra from Baywatch, diving in to save the little critter before he goes down the plughole!!!! Buts dogs are the bees knees and the spiders ankles!!! the most loyal, lovable companion wou will ever have in your life!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

I tried to love a cat once, but it got out of the shoe box and scratched the bejapers off me. So never again. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

my beloved often tells me that I am an animal lover.

Modesty stops me from commenting further.

• Advertisement
Advertisement