Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Speed increased?

• 24-08-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am on 8mb metro but getting 20mb download rate since yesterday. was there any speed increase rolled-out for metro users? or is this speed tests are a bit of a bull****?

Capture.PNG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

yes digiweb are upgrading peoples connections but getting a realistic timeframe on this from them is next to impossible!! they have a very slow roll out of the 30MB services due to people not getting anywhere near the 30mb they are advertised, hell look at your speed 20mb, when they dont even sell that package ! ya shoudl have 30mb, check your email accounts to see if you recived one of their upgrade emails informing you of the upgrade.

signed up for digiweb myself back in january as they had the 30mb pack advertised as available in my area, only to be told AFTER they had installed broadband, that oh no wait a min, you can only have 8mb in your area! back then a timescale and promise was made to provide me with 30mb by end of june start of july and guess what........... im still waiting with no word from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 gsm_42

for most of the places that 30meg upgrade is just advertising gimmick I think.
    You are lucky you have got that 20 that for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

fotografya wrote: »
    I am on 8mb metro but getting 20mb download rate since yesterday. was there any speed increase rolled-out for metro users? or is this speed tests are a bit of a bull****?

Capture.PNG

Hi
    Did you apply to be upgraded to Metro Express 30MB? If not then Digiweb are upgrading their Metro Home package and not telling anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Lads,

Quick question,

Anyone know if digi web throttle when downloading into a torrent? I'd download a fair few movies and that from peer to peer sites.

Need to know this before I purchase.

THanks,

Lads,

Quick question,

Anyone know if digi web throttle when downloading into a torrent? I'd download a fair few movies and that from peer to peer sites.

Need to know this before I purchase.

THanks,

Hi

Not that I know of. However if you exceed your allowance (60MB for Metro Home & 100MB for Metro Express) they will hit you by really lowering your speed. Just a word of caution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Thanks Man,

I presume you mean GB rather than MB!!

Yeh all I want to be able to do is peer to peer file share into utorrent.

I had that wimax crap a while back and they throttled torrents so it was of no use to me.

Thanks,

Sorry I meant GB and not MB. As I said be warned and try not to exceed the limits. My replies to this should answer your question in the Digiweb Metro 30MB Issues topic.

Advertisement