Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few Questions

Options
  • 24-08-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey I have a few Questions before I order my Gaming PC. I will be playing skyrim/bf3/Borderlands2/Cod and using it for Java programming.

- My local PC shop told me this: I'd need at least a 750 W PSU to run my system.... seem's alot? overkill no? Here is the important stuff I ordered - i5 3570k, 7950 3Gb, 128 Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD, 8Gb ram, Cooler master 690 II Advanced - mid tower - ATX,

- They also heavily recommended ASUS for the MoBo, I was currently looking at the ASRock Z77 pro 3....

- If I overclock on the CPU I should really use water cooling instead of an aftermarket fan? True? I was looking at this fan anyway: Thermalight HR-02 Macho

- I was also asking them weather to get the GTX 660ti 2GB or the 7950 3Gb, he said the 7950 due to it being 3Gb....COD can take up 1.8Gb. Thing is the 660 ti has all of nVidias bonus's like Adaptive vSync etc.

- Will I need to order any extra cables (Think they called Sata cables) or anything like that? Because I will need cables for HDD, Optical D. and an SSD. Or are all these included in the build?

- Is 80 quid (Without installation of an OS but fully checked) good for the computer to be built for if I bring the parts? 110 quid for full make up and full check including OS and antivirus etc.

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement