Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCFE- Photo course

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Courses can be good, but what could be better is meeting other photographers and shooting with them, there are a few of us here so we can all help. When I'm out and about your more then welcome to tag along!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

Something like that sounds great

What type of photography are you into?

fi314 wrote: »
    Something like that sounds great

What type of photography are you into?

Professionalally, its commercial, press and events.

Pleasure, I do a good bit of still life, urbanscape, canids etc

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Would you be interested in joining a camera club? When I got my first DSLR I just wanted to learn lots more and I have to say I learnt a lot from attending the camera club. It does motivate you to go out and take photos and its interesting to see other peoples' work as well.

I went on to do the two year course at LCFE and I have to say what I learnt just from going to talks and listening to other members really stood to me.

I have been a member of the Limerick Camera Club for a few years now and if you want more info you can look at their website or pm me. The club meets every Wednesday evening in Mary I and will be starting back mid September.

Camera clubs can be good; but I find a lot of them (especially LCC, no offence!) are a bit too cliquey and you get no real critique. When I first went I kinda got the impression that a lot of people were like.. "oh yeah.. I like but; But I can do better! Come over here and look at mine!"

But OP Defo, give it a try, I personally don't like it is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I did the FETAC course about 4 years ago in LCFE. It was good but could have been better. Too much emphasis placed on learning photoshop and not enough on using the camera. I think out of 10 weeks, 5 were spent in front of a computer. The course was well taught though - the lecturer was great.

The curriculum may have changed since, so you might want to check it out if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,222 ✭✭✭✭phog

Whelans have a sign on their window advertising a photography course on Sept 7, no idea of content, duration or cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

Thanks for all the good feedback! Still on the fence but I think I will try and grab a look at the curriculum before I sign up- I am more interested in the actually taking photos rather than the photoshop end

The photo-club sound great and I will keep an eye on the web-site to see when its back up and running. Als,o very new to Limerick so it might be a good way to meet some people

Advertisement