Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't delete free eircom web site

Options
  • 24-08-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi,
    about 12 years ago someone created a web site for my company and uploaded it to the free Eircom web space. The address looks something like
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~********
    This person has long left the country and I am stuck with this web site which is no longer relevant and in the mean time completly misleading .Also this web site always shows on top of all the search engine results which is annoying.
    I am not an Eircom Customer anymore but is there any possibilty to get this site deleted?

Beer Drinkers support Farmers!

Abolish infamous Minimum Unit Pricing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

La Madame wrote: »
    Hi,
    about 12 years ago someone created a web site for my company and uploaded it to the free Eircom web space. The address looks something like
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~********
    This person has long left the country and I am stuck with this web site which is no longer relevant and in the mean time completly misleading .Also this web site always shows on top of all the search engine results which is annoying.
    I am not an Eircom Customer anymore but is there any possibilty to get this site deleted?

Hi La Madame,

Thanks for your post. We normally need the account holder to make the request or if you can confirm the login details then I should be able to disable the site.

If you are unable to contact the account holder or unable to give the login username and password, it may not be possible for you to remove the account.

Normally, the account holder of the website will have set up some security questions. If you PM your your website, I will take a look at this.

Otherwise you may need to contact eircom Technical Support :

eircom Technical Support : 1530 277 100

Best Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's a strange answer. The chances are that the person who originally set up the website is no longer an eircom customer either seeing as they left the country a long time ago. As such, surely eircom can just delete it themselves? On the other hand, they don't seem to delete old email accounts for people who haven't been eircom customers for aeons either, so who knows what their policy is on such matters.

Advertisement