Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faster up hill!

Options
  • 24-08-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I live on a hill, 50Km zone, I am convinced that drivers are determined not to let a mere hill retard their progress to their destination and accordingly accelerate beyond the speed limit. Do you? even subconsciously.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

and this is a legal discussion on the merits of precisely what?

... the breach of a speed limit?

.... the Road Traffic Acts as amended, or

...... Careless/recklessness in the criminal context?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Tom Young wrote: »
    and this is a legal discussion on the merits of precisely what?

... the breach of a speed limit?

.... the Road Traffic Acts as amended, or

...... Careless/recklessness in the criminal context?

I think it was probably destined for Motors...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭velosolex

as above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

The concept of an absolute speed as you travel up the hill is illusory. It is relative to large bodies of mass, gravity and how close to the speed of light other objects of mass are travelling at in the environment relative to the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I'm sure there is some off the wall Denning quote that is relevant some how.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement