Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judge Warns of Civil War, U.N. Troops on the Streets of America if Obama is Reelected

• 24-08-2012 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Im surprised that this got leaked out, most of these interviews are prerecorded. :)

I would say more than likely that it was a local news channell rather than national media. :p

He would also want to watch his mouth just or else he could end up in the same footsteps as Brandon Raub by being arrested and ending up in a mental hospital for voicing his opinion.

"A Lubbock County, Texas, judge recently appeared on a local FOX News Television show to promote his proposed tax increase when he dropped a series of bombshell comments regarding the possibility of President Obama being reelected".

As the judge was making his case for the tax increase he begin to outline what he believed may happen if Obama is reelected which included civil war and U.N. troops on the streets of America

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the kind of 'slippery slope' rambling I hear from the old man when he's had a night of wine and scotch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

I have been hearing rhetoric like that from Texans since I was a kid growing up there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

This is the kind of **** that makes the rest of the world go, 'for fook sake America'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

An elected county judge in Texas is warning that the nation could descend into civil war if President Barack Obama is re-elected, and is calling for a trained, well-equipped force to battle the United Nations troops he says Obama would bring in.

Who's gonna fight them aliens frum outerspace y'all?

Still can't believe a judge said that. Has to be a Tea Bagger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

MOD NOTE:

OP, if you post a video, please be sure to summarize the content for those who may not be able to watch it.

From the Dallas-Ft. Worth Fox Affiliate:
    Here's a partial transcript of what was said:

Judge Head: "OK. What's going to happen. Now I'm going to tell you my opinion, OK. Obama has put executive orders and whatever other documents his minions have filed. And regardless of whether the Republicans take over the Senate, which I hope they do, he is going to make the United States Congress and he's going to make the Constitution irrelevant. He's got his czars in place that don't answer to anybody. He's got his documents in place. They're going to be irrelevant.

Judge Head: "Now what do you think he is going to try to do in this next term? One of the things, my opinion. One of the things is he's going to try to give the sovereignty of the United States away to the United Nations. What do you think the public is going to do when that happens? We are talking civil unrest, civil disobedience, possibly, possibly civil war, OK? Now what happens? What happens? Now I'm not talking just talking riots here and there. I'm talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms, get rid of the dictator. OK, what do you think he is going to do when that happens? He is going to call in the UN troops, personnel carriers, tanks and weapons."

Interviewer Jeff Klotzman: "I hope you don't have like a crystal ball you're looking into."

Judge Head: "Hey I've got to look at the worst case scenario, OK. I don't want UN coming into Lubbock County, so I'm going to be standing in front of their personnel carriers and say, 'You're not coming in here.' And I've asked the Sheriff. I said, 'Are you going to back me on this?' And he said, 'Yeah, I'm going to back you.' Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there who have no training and little equipment. I want seasoned veteran people who are trained that have got equipment. And even then, you know we may have two or three hundred deputies facing maybe a thousand UN troops. We may have to call out the militia."

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19352916/fallout-grows-from-texas-judges-civil-war-comments#ixzz24V0T0mD4

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i dont think obama was the worst of them to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

LOL this is absolutely brilliant. I loved the way the interviewer was just nodding and saying mmmmhmmmmm throughout, while the other guy squirmed down into his seat as if hoping he could disappear by doing so. You could tell both thought he was off his rocker.

The best part though, is here we have a Republican campaigning for an increase in taxes so that Lubbock county can fight off the UN hordes sent by the nefarious Obama. Priceless. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

This man is a court judge ? I mean currently sitting?

That is frightening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This man is a court judge ? I mean currently sitting?

That is frightening.
    He obviously knows the Law and the potential breaches of civil liberties brought on by Obama with the signing in of his recent EO's particularly concerning NDAA and Martial Law. I would also guess that there are quite a lot of others like him particularly down that part of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The NDAA was first signed into law by Dubya and is signed afresh every year by the sitting president. Bit odd how the good old boys didn't feel their civil liberties under threat when Bush Jnr was signing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Duck Soup wrote: »
    The NDAA was first signed into law by Dubya and is signed afresh every year by the sitting president. Bit odd how the good old boys didn't feel their civil liberties under threat when Bush Jnr was signing it.
    Frog in a pot of water over the stove I guess.

When People reacted to 9/11 they were glad of any new security measures to make society "safer" the boogie man mantra of "fighting terrorism" and various false flags like the underwear bomber incidents grew tired. I think people are realising the trade off of their civil liberties \re not worth it now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

MOD NOTE:

OP, if you post a video, please be sure to summarize the content for those who may not be able to watch it.

From the Dallas-Ft. Worth Fox Affiliate:

What UN troops for gods sake? The UN has no army. The man is off his head.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

One of the interesting facts about conspiracy theorists is they are often from dominant groups, or powers picking on the powerless. Jews in Germany. Catholics in the 19th century US.The UN "army"

so theres the US, with it's full spectrum dominance, all over the world, worried about the UN invading. With what army do these nuts think they are going to invade with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Overheal wrote: »
    the kind of 'slippery slope' rambling I hear from the old man when he's had a night of wine and scotch.

He shouldn't mix his drinks, thats just asking for a hangover ;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Some American friends of mine have been trying to reassure me that the guy is "only a County Judge", rather than a plain old judge. AFAIK, that has a particular meaning in Texas, although I'm a little hazy on the details. Texas has a wacky governing structure.

Some American friends of mine have been trying to reassure me that the guy is "only a County Judge", rather than a plain old judge. AFAIK, that has a particular meaning in Texas, although I'm a little hazy on the details. Texas has a wacky governing structure.
    He is a judge that sits in county court only; meaning he is responsible only in part for one of these:

texas-county-map.gif

There's no such thing as a "plain old judge". It all really depends on the court in which you sit. Cities regularly have their own courts. Then you have county courts and district courts and circuit courts and state supreme courts and then you get to the federal courts and the federal supreme court...and it's not always heirarchal or linear because you have family courts and traffic courts, etc. etc. etc. - we are not short of Courtrooms.

I swear, Texas just likes to be complicated.

NGL, I did feel absolutely delighted with myself when I found Lubbock.

I swear, Texas just likes to be complicated.
    Thats everywhere. Not just isolated to Texas. Ireland has 4.5m people and 26 counties. Texas has 25.7m people, and has 254 counties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭granturismo

It was on Fox news. They will transmit anything that will bring out an anti-Obama vote.

Overheal wrote: »
    Thats everywhere. Not just isolated to Texas. Ireland has 4.5m people and 26 counties. Texas has 25.7m people, and has 254 counties.

I s'pose. Texas just seems to take a particular perverse pride in doing things a little differently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement