Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download speed 0.74mbs - paying for up to 3Mb

Options
  • 24-08-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

I would like to ask eircom rep if anything can be done about my broadband speed. I am about 250 metres from exchange and have a Business Lite Plus package which, my bill tells me, includes a download speed of up to 3Mb. I have tested my speed via a link given in a recent thread (with "redandwhite") and the result is 0.74mbs and Ping (whatever that is!) 75ms, with upload 0.32mbs.

I am wondering why I am paying for up to 3Mb and getting only less than 1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Mongarra wrote: »
    I would like to ask eircom rep if anything can be done about my broadband speed. I am about 250 metres from exchange and have a Business Lite Plus package which, my bill tells me, includes a download speed of up to 3Mb. I have tested my speed via a link given in a recent thread (with "redandwhite") and the result is 0.74mbs and Ping (whatever that is!) 75ms, with upload 0.32mbs.

I am wondering why I am paying for up to 3Mb and getting only less than 1.

Hi Mongarra,

Thank you for your post. Can you PM your broadband phone number so I can take a look at your connection.

Best Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Hi, Ant.

Thank you for your reply. I use internet in office only and am just reading my e-mails. I am afraid I don't know how to PM and (obviously!) am not very I T -savvy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi, Ant.

Thank you for your reply. I use internet in office only and am just reading my e-mails. I am afraid I don't know how to PM and (obviously!) am not very I T -savvy.

Hi Mongarra,

If you click on either Ants or my name and just below the eircom picture you can click on the send private message option.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Hi, Mark.

Thank you for your PM. I appreciate your checking the line and am glad things are as they should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi, Mark.

Thank you for your PM. I appreciate your checking the line and am glad things are as they should be.

No problem,

I PM you back with a few checks which may give an increase to speeds on the laptop.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement