Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA Laminate Flooring

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Stern

I've used that flooring without any issues in the cottage I was living in, was pretty uncomplicated, you should just make sure you have a good saw for cutting straight edges, and buy their laminate floor laying kit, it has the spacers and a block for securing the edges to each other. Depending on your underfloor you'll need some insulation/padding and a plastic sheet. I put mine on wood so I didn't need any sheet. I just put down one layer of insulation.

It's been down nearly 1.5 years now and no problems or signs of wear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

avkelly wrote: »
    Hi, looking for some cheap laminate flooring for my living room.
    Has anyone tried the Ikea laminate flooring range, wonder how they are for quality?

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/pr...518/#/60213517

Thanks

What thickness...5,6,8mm???

You will get it cheaper than that,if you look around.

I got 8mm laminate oak effect for 8 euro a square meter a while ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭phonypony

I floored a bedroom with this stuff and wish I had gone with a thicker, more expensive option. It looks good but doesnt really stand up to much, the laminate cracked in places while installing it and I have dropped keys and other things that tore the surface off too. On the other hand, if its treated right it'll probably survive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

The B&Q "loc" stuff is the best

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

B&Q Airside are selling off 6mm laminate oak effect flooring for 5 euro a square meter.

It was 15 euro..but now down to a fiver.

It could be good,or it could be sh!t (I dont know) but for a fiver a square meter...its a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 avkelly

Thanks all for your responses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

i got oak effect laminite in mulvaneys dundrum. 3.99 a square metre. was pretty good to lay also.

Advertisement