Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airprint/Zyxel router issue?

Options
  • 24-08-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hoping for some help all.

Bought myself a new HP Photosmart 6510 during the week....eprint and Airprint compatible.
    So i now have my laptop, new printer, ipad 2 and iphone 4s all running on my network using an Eircom Zyxel router.
    I am able to use the eprint function from all of the above to print wirelessly to the printer. However the airprint function will not work on the apple devices. When i look for the printer it says that it cannot find one.
    Ive done some searching and seen that there may be some issue regarding compatability between the apple bonjour service and the eircom zyxel router.
    Anyone know what i need to do to get this up and running??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

kopfan77 wrote: »
    Hoping for some help all.

Bought myself a new HP Photosmart 6510 during the week....eprint and Airprint compatible.
    So i now have my laptop, new printer, ipad 2 and iphone 4s all running on my network using an Eircom Zyxel router.
    I am able to use the eprint function from all of the above to print wirelessly to the printer. However the airprint function will not work on the apple devices. When i look for the printer it says that it cannot find one.
    Ive done some searching and seen that there may be some issue regarding compatability between the apple bonjour service and the eircom zyxel router.
    Anyone know what i need to do to get this up and running??

Hi kopfan77,

I raised your query with Broadband Support and they advise that this is possibly an issue with your apple device. They've asked that you contact Apple Support on their help line below:

If you can advise Apple Support that your other devices are working fine with the ZyXEL router.

http://www.apple.com/ie/support/contact/

Let me know if you still need assistance afterwards.

Kind Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Hi kopfan77,

I raised your query with Broadband Support and they advise that this is possibly an issue with your apple device. They've asked that you contact Apple Support on their help line below:

If you can advise Apple Support that your other devices are working fine with the ZyXEL router.

http://www.apple.com/ie/support/contact/

Let me know if you still need assistance afterwards.

Kind Regards,
    Ant

Ant,

I have checked and double checked both with Apple support and without and all my IOS devices are working fine. What I have been told by others is that the eircom zyxel modem does not support the Bonjour protocol that apple uses for sharing. There is a firmware fix for this issue apparently and tech support for Eircom have this firmware but not all agents know how to do it...not my own words but the words of others.

Can you help with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

kopfan77 wrote: »
    Ant,

I have checked and double checked both with Apple support and without and all my IOS devices are working fine. What I have been told by others is that the eircom zyxel modem does not support the Bonjour protocol that apple uses for sharing. There is a firmware fix for this issue apparently and tech support for Eircom have this firmware but not all agents know how to do it...not my own words but the words of others.

Can you help with this

Hi kopfan77,

There is a firmware file that fixes some issues between the Zyxel modem and Apple products. If you could send me a PM with your email address I'll send that on to you. I'm not 100% it will fix the problem but we'll give it a go. There is also a link to this on our website here if you're comfortable enough doing this yourself. If the link doesn't work, go to the main broadband support page and type "Apple" into the search bar and click the link for "Apple TV Fix" link. Let me know if you've any hassle with it.

Cheers

James

Advertisement