Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An iphone or a laptop for internet on the go?

Options
  • 24-08-2012 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi I've a desktop,using it now,but for email on the go,or on holiday,would an Iphone be sufficent? or would an e250 ish netbook be better? If I got an Iphone free on bill (currently on eircom) would I get sufficent data with it to avoid paying extra?.

In general what would people recommend,for on the go internet?.

Thanks

F x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I personally find it sufficient for such things. I think you can do just as much on the go if not more than a netbook for my needs anyway. The only thing a netbook is better at is word processing, it has an actual keyboard and it obviously won't be as cramped as an iphone.

Plus you will always have the iphone on you, you cant really carry a netbook in your pocket. Plus you will have a very decent camera on you at all times, perfect for hols.

In short, if you do a lot of typing etc. get a netbook, if not get the iphone, its prefect for email, the internet, social networking etc.

As with regard to not incurring extra charges post a link to the plan you are looking at and we will be able to tell you.

Advertisement