Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner's Ballet for Adults in Cork?

Options
  • 24-08-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi!

I am new to Cork and, in an effort to do something fun, meet people, and get some exercise, I'd like to take a dance class. I'm really interested in finding a beginner's ballet class close to the city center or Ballyvolane. Does anyone know of a place that offers a good one?

Thanks for the help!
    Fere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Donnas Dance Studio by the Kinsale Rd roundabout is worth a shout to see what they offer. I did a few adult classes there a year or two ago and enjoyed them. Its in the Smyths Toys retail park on the main road.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

Cork Dance Academy in Popes Quay has a beginners ballet class, Wednesdays 7pm. www.corkdanceacademy.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭mollymosfet

Sorry for the Necrobump, I'm also interested in this. The Kinsale roundabout seems a bit awkward to get to though and they don't start up again until September.

The Dance Academy could be a good idea but it doesn't start up until september also, and there's nothing about prices.

The Firkin Lane seems like a nice venue, but expensive. If they offer a yearly rate it could be different though.

davpower wrote: »
    Cork Dance Academy in Popes Quay has a beginners ballet class, Wednesdays 7pm. www.corkdanceacademy.com

I was going to go here but it looks like they're closing down, a shame.

Not sure where else to go now.

Hi there, the Joan Denise Moriarty School of Dance has a beginner's Ballet class starting up, tuesday at 7.15.

There has been some interest but they could do with more numbers to keep the class going.

http://joandenisemoriartyschoolofdance.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 FridaKahlo

I went to Cork Dance Academy but didn't have a very nice experience there. Can't recommend.

A good to place for adult classes though is Firkin Crane. They offer beginner and intermediate (!!) for adults on Wednesday nights. Because it's a functioning dance space, and because ballet is part of a core programme, there's not as much chance that they'll stop the class as with elsewhere.

I've seen adult ballet classes come and go in Cork b/c there's a perception that it's for children. Firkin seems to stay pretty steady...

I'm finding the Joan Denise Moriarty school to be quite good and would recommend that others come along on Tuesday nights, we need more to make up the numbers.

Advertisement