Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New job time off.

Options
  • 24-08-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I am due to start a new job soon for a graduate position. I need to take a day off in my second week in order to go to my graduation. Would this look cheeky asking for time off so soon ? I was asked in the interview when was my graduation but I did not have a time at that stage. Sounds silly but I am dreading asking for the time off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Ask!! If you don't ask, you don't get. Looks as though your employer will be reasonable as they've already asked you when the graduation will be.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

It is a new graduate position...:-)

I think that they could probably do without you for a day..:-)

Just ask someone what the normal process is for requesting time off and fil in the form....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Assuming it doesn't interfere with scheduled group training / induction etc it shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

And maybe think about the next day, or at least the next morning if it's going to be a late one.

Advertisement