Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requested twice to change to lower contract

Options
  • 24-08-2012 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

To whom it concerns,

In March/April I called Eircom customer service to change my elderly mother's landline package to another at about half the cost. At the time I was assured that the package had been changed. Now checking the bills today, 5 months later I see that the package is still the same.

My mother told me today, that since then a salesperson called her, she asked that she be taken off all packages for better or for worse. That was not done either as today the package is the same as the one I was assured it was not.

Although I'm not sure about the viability of the second instance, I am extremely irritated that the package was not changed the time I called in March/April.

Any further dealings I have with Eircom will be written and after this I don't think I want to have any more dealings at all with this company.
    I recommend others to only have written correspondence with this company or if you do end up speaking to one of their representatives that you at least document the dates, times and the people you speak with. I wish I had.

After that I would like to ask if I can expect any charges if I choose to change the landline provider.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Effluo wrote: »
    To whom it concerns,

In March/April I called Eircom customer service to change my elderly mother's landline package to another at about half the cost. At the time I was assured that the package had been changed. Now checking the bills today, 5 months later I see that the package is still the same.

My mother told me today, that since then a salesperson called her, she asked that she be taken off all packages for better or for worse. That was not done either as today the package is the same as the one I was assured it was not.

Although I'm not sure about the viability of the second instance, I am extremely irritated that the package was not changed the time I called in March/April.

Any further dealings I have with Eircom will be written and after this I don't think I want to have any more dealings at all with this company.
    I recommend others to only have written correspondence with this company or if you do end up speaking to one of their representatives that you at least document the dates, times and the people you speak with. I wish I had.

After that I would like to ask if I can expect any charges if I choose to change the landline provider.

Thank you

Hi Effluo,

Thank you for your post.

Can you PM your eircom Account number or phone number so I can investigate your query.

Kind Regards,
    Ant

Advertisement