Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bags of Hardwood

• 24-08-2012 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭

Not posting an add just want an idea on price.

Have about 1,000 bags of dry ash(80%), willow(20%) which I'm going to sell local. Bags are 40cm by 50cm, bigger than the typical pertrol station ones.

Time is not on my side really, could only sell & deliver on Saturday.

Question is what are they worth?

Given time restrictions, better to sell in bulk?

Thanks in advance;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Hi Ford,
    where are you located? If near a town you should have no problem in off loading bags, depends on the area. I know in Navan there are not enough suppliers of firewood in bags.
    Country areas won't pay town prices, around here is 4€ a bag. Better to sell by the trailer load or by the Cube (IBC) which was one lad round sells it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Hi Agent,
    about 10 miles from Clonmel.

To get best price probably best to sell in town, but don't have time for door to door.

Will ring a few local shops etc or sell in bulk to wholesaler if price is right.

It's good stuff, drying about 18 months don't want to give it away either

Thanks for reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭btb

Just saw them for sale in local garage this evening for 5.50e, and I'm probably not too far from you. However most people probably buy a trailer load at a time.

Advertisement