Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I pay bill early (ie in Post Office ect) if on Direct Debit.

Options
  • 24-08-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

The direct debit is normally taken out of my bank account a couple of weeks after I receive the bill.

Sometimes I'd like to pay the bill earlier, say by cash in a post office or by using online banking.

Is this possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi woudrast,

It is indeed - be sure to allow 6 working days before the direct debit payment date though, otherwise it may still go through.

Your best option might be to make an EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) or a laser payment online as soon as you get notified/receive the bill. You could also set up a monthly standing order to help with budgeting/prepaying. Our full list of payment options is located here.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 woudrast

thanks

Advertisement