Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments Dundrum Wyckham Point

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

more assumptions......

you seem to have a "why me" complex going on..

wait...

are you Linda Martin????

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

I'm around Wyckham quite a bit, the place is absolutely desolate. I know people who were renting in there also and said there was an issue with homeless squatters in the unfinished apartments also.

Please let us know what halluicigenons you are on They are giving you good trip man

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

I think our friend has decided to make up crazy stories somewhere else and has closed his account.

I hope he is 1/6 or 1/7 happier somewhere else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

You said I couldn't afford to live there, I stated above that I rent a house in Ballinteer and that the rent is only marginally more (1/6th - > 1/7th) expensive than that in Wyckham overall. When I point this out to you, regarding your childish jab that I can't afford to live in Wyckham, you then call me a snob?

You're very selectively quoting me, it's actually quite interesting. The post you quote about "rough school with rough pupils" also named two good schools in the area, yet you claim I dismiss all schools in the area. Combined with your bizarre behaviour with regards to rental prices it's safe to say you've either an agenda here, and an incredibly immature one at that, or you're just extremely butthurt that I said something negative about the place you happen to be renting.

Hrmm, indeed, why would I be complaining about the empty eye-sore in my area, reportedly filled with squatters? To be quite honest, I'm hoping they're torn down in the coming years. They've remained incomplete and desolate for far too long as it is. We could have a nice new park there or similar instead.

Ah yes, and then you finish with another immature insult. Well done you, you bastion of intelligence.

It was you started this dialogue with completely inaccurate comments about the development. You havent a clue what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Hi

I'm just curious to see what people are actually paying to rent one of the apartments in Whyckham Point. I know that rent prices are listed on prperty sites like Daft but these can be misleading and the actual rent agreed is often somewhat less.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Hi

I'm just curious to see what people are actually paying to rent one of the apartments in Whyckham Point. I know that rent prices are listed on prperty sites like Daft but these can be misleading and the actual rent agreed is often somewhat less.

Thanks

The rent for them won't be much, if any, less than asking. They are very sought after due to the location

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Like BDJW said, I'd be surprised if they went for anything under the asking price. We ended up moving out of Dundrum because the rents had gone up since we moved in two years ago. Every apartment we looked at had several other people looking at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

I'm around Wyckham quite a bit, the place is absolutely desolate. I know people who were renting in there also and said there was an issue with homeless squatters in the unfinished apartments also.

Just wanted to confirm, this is an absolute fantasy, there is no issue with homeless squatters and the place is not desolate in the least.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I lived in Wyckham for 18 months and it's the best apartment I have ever lived in in Dublin. Never had any issues whatsoever with travellers or homeless people.

The place was quiet, very clean and very secure. Apartments are a good size and well finished. The concierge were very polite and always willing to help out.

Rent is around 1300 a month for a 2 bed, maybe higher now.

The traveller site is straight on when you come to the small roundabout, just in on the left. It's like a semi-settled traveller site I think, there's only 3 caravans / mobile homes there and they seem to be the same people.

If you are looking at apartments in the Ballinteer / Dundrum area then personally Wyckham Point would be #1 in my list.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

In Wyckham over Christmas. Hibernia are finishing off 200 apartments to be for rent only. This extra supply will put a control on the rent rises as there are a few other developments in D14 D16 coming on rent market soon

• Advertisement
Advertisement