Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to lodge money during weekend

• 24-08-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I am a member of permanent tsb and the bank closes for the weekend. I was wondering if it is possible to lodge money at an atm or can I some how overdraw my account by thirty euros in order to buy something online. And then go into the back and pay it back. I don't use my bank account much which is why my knowledge is so poor :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Do you have an over draft? AFAIK a lodgement will not appear in your account till the next working day ie Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

If you're with AIB you can lodge money into your account in a post office which would be open on a Saturday but I dont know if tsb has this option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

You could chance completing the transaction - it might go through, if not it will just come up as declined.

If so, & you really need to make the purchase over the weekend your best bet is probably to give someone you know the cash & ask them to make the purchase online & use your address for delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Could someone transfer the money into your account?
    (Presuming its an instant transfer).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

liffey valley is opened saturdays. they have the self lodge machines. i think blanchardstown have these machines also in the town centre. can be accessed without going into the branch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 garry gold

dobsdave wrote: »
    Could someone transfer the money into your account?
    (Presuming its an instant transfer).

It takes 24 working hours for a bank transfer to reach the recipient's account if the recipient is with a different bank and bank transfers don't happen over the weekend at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

My ptsb account allows me to overdraw... costs me €5 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,014 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

garry gold wrote: »
    It takes 24 working hours for a bank transfer to reach the recipient's account if the recipient is with a different bank and bank transfers don't happen over the weekend at all

Five years later, the OP is probably sorted by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

garry gold wrote: »

What kind of banks are you dealing with? I made a transfer at 7 this morning, and it arrived in the other account (in a different bank) before 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

McGaggs wrote: »
    What kind of banks are you dealing with? I made a transfer at 7 this morning, and it arrived in the other account (in a different bank) before 12.

To answer my own question, banks from 2012.

• Advertisement
Advertisement