Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floods on Clare st

• 24-08-2012 7:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Drove past earlier, there are serious floods at the traffic lights after the Emo garage. A strange sight for Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jono!

oh great! thats where my house is and we are away at the moment! is there any signs of water coming into houses?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The cul de sac by the traffic lights looked very bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Flash floods all around the city a while ago. There was a new river outside my house. I've never seen so much rainfall in such a short period. Rain has stopped and everything appears to be back to normal now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Melion wrote: »

Flood street??!
    Our back garden got a severe dousing never saw it so bad.
    Looked over my neighbours wall as he's away and his yard was flooding heavily.., blocked drain..unplugged it.., it nearly went in his back door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭kevinkmb36

very bad flooding on kilmurry road too....where are the council when ya need them..??:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Jono! wrote: »
    oh great! thats where my house is and we are away at the moment! is there any signs of water coming into houses?

The cul de sac opp Lelia St had about a foot of water on the road. It looked like the houses between the cul the sac and the park had a luck escape, at least when I was passing it seemed to have levelled off without entering the houses.
    Melion wrote: »
    martyc5674 wrote: »
    Flood street??!Our back garden got a severe dousing never saw it so bad.
    Looked over my neighbours wall as he's away and his yard was flooding heavily.., blocked drain..unplugged it.., it nearly went in his back door.

Think Melion was referring to the cul de sac opp Lelia St.

Van and truck drivers really should slow down to reduce the waves which caused the to rise above the steps into some gardens.

Advertisement