Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeding dogs bones from Cinese spare ribs

• 24-08-2012 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Just after having a slap up Chinese takeaway for dinner (was quite nice, thank you for asking :D), and there's a load of smallish bones left over from the spare ribs. I was thinking it would be nice to leg the dogs at them, but I'd be concerned that they might cause problems. Anyone know if it would be safe for dogs? They are rather small. If not, would the regular-sized bones from spare ribs be ok?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

NEVER give a dog cooked bones of any kind, cooked bones become brittle and splinter easily which could cause blockages or injury. Raw bones all the way. Hope you enjoyed the chinese, kinda fancy one now myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    NEVER give a dog cooked bones of any kind, cooked bones become brittle and splinter easily which could cause blockages or injury. Raw bones all the way. Hope you enjoyed the chinese, kinda fancy one now myself :D

It was lovely. I don't think the dogs enjoyed the experience of looking up at me while I ate it!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sweeney1971

We have a Great Dane that was fed bones (before we got him) he has had half of his stomach taken away and has never been able to put on weight. Its not worth it no matter how loving they look at you, just throw them on the fire to be safe, dogs have the ability to find such things.

Advertisement