Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you recieve UPC analogue with UPC Phone?

• 24-08-2012 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Okay I know this sounds like an odd question, but if I cancel my UPC TV and sign up to UPC's Home Phone will I receive the UPC Analogue channels?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭zzdp

i have in the past connected the cable in the phone to the back of the tv and it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

SR97 wrote: »
    Okay I know this sounds like an odd question, but if I cancel my UPC TV and sign up to UPC's Home Phone will I receive the UPC Analogue channels?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Once the line is active for any service the analogue channels will be available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭zg3409

However if you cancel the TV there is an extra charge for having no TV. However if you have phone & broadband but no TV then there is no extra charge.

You can get phone sevices that work over the broadband to save money too. An Irish one is blueface but that's a bit off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 board I se

Hi can anyone tell me what I need to get the analog channels? I have just signed up for the broadband and phone (dont actually have a phone, it was cheaper to do that) Thanks guys

• Advertisement

You just need a cable to run from the UPC box on the wall into the RF connection on your TV (the old style connector on the back of your TV; the one that is round with a pin through the middle). Plug in the cable and tune the channels in manually and it should find the analogue stations.

Bear in mind that they are not available in all parts of the country; I believe Cork no longer has UPC analogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 board I se

djimi wrote: »
    You just need a cable to run from the UPC box on the wall into the RF connection on your TV (the old style connector on the back of your TV; the one that is round with a pin through the middle). Plug in the cable and tune the channels in manually and it should find the analogue stations.

Bear in mind that they are not available in all parts of the country; I believe Cork no longer has UPC analogue.

Aww really? I'm in cork :( would I not even get rte one and two? In apt and they have no saorview up yet :( thanks for the reply

Its worth a try but if there is no analogue signal coming down the line then you wont get anything.

You can get Saorview with just an old school rabbit ears type aerial. You dont need the apartment building to do anything (unless you are in a bad signal area or something and they need to put an aerial on the roof).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You might get RTE 1 and 2 and TV3 in analogue on the UPC Cork network but there are no other analogue channels carried on it at all and the image quality (last time I checked) was pretty poor.

You'd be better off using Saorview with a set top antenna. You'd get HD content etc for free.

Only other alternative is to get a UPC tv subscription.

Advertisement