Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus.. Tramore to WIT

Options
  • 24-08-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

I do know that one of the 08.05 busses from Tramore goes left at the Ballindud roundabout and goes over towards the Cork rd. and the college.... but... Is there a returning one in the evening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Neither this http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie nor this http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1285339722-360.pdf indicate any such service, even in the morning,

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Victor wrote: »
    Neither this http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie nor this http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1285339722-360.pdf indicate any such service, even in the morning,

Well it's there, trust me. If it was on their website, I wouldn't have come on here asking the question, now would I?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but do you know who provide this service and what route name / number?

Bus Eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

The bus eireann route goes in past superquin, definitely not on the Orr.

• Advertisement

wellboy76 wrote: »
    The bus eireann route goes in past superquin, definitely not on the Orr.

At the 08.05 (approx) service there are 2 buses, one follows the normal route, in by superquinn, and the other goes in the direction of the college, that I know. My question is; is there a similar return service in the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ChunkyNorris

Probably not, seeing as one doesn't go that way from Tramore in the morning, why would a timetable omit it?.

Walk to and from superquin, you're a student, you will need to walk off the drink anyway

3rd time: there is one that goes that way in the morning.
    I don't know why it's not on the timetable.
    BTW... I'm not a student, I'm asking on behalf of my son.

Any, even mildly, helpful suggestions??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ChunkyNorris

Best ring the terminus on the quay then, or get your son to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

I know when I got it a few years back it left in the evening at bang on 5pm

• Advertisement

shanemul wrote: »
    I know when I got it a few years back it left in the evening at bang on 5pm

Thankyou Shanemul.... finally a decent reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Doesn't it give you a warm fuzzy feeling to help a neighbour. I didn't know there was a feikin bus either or I wouldn't have done so much driving in an out of my offspring working in that area.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There is a service in the morning for the college and some schools. It returned in the evening around 5. But I think, at the very least, the evening service was cancelled. Its a special services which is why it wouldn't be on the timetables.

Best give the office a call. I'd also suggest if you are getting the bus service to get yourself a bus pass. Much handier as you paid for the month in advance and its a bit cheaper. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

there are normally three buses in the morning one goes into waterford city centre. another one is the school bus and the other is the one for waterford institute of technology dont think theres one back in the evening could be wrong

Advertisement