Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

air conditioning regas €39

Options
  • 24-08-2012 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

This is a follow on from a Bargain Request.
    Fastfit are doing a leakage test and regas of the cars air conditioning for €39.
    Its an extra €10 for an airbomb which cleans the system.(just make sure the cabin is empty as it gets everywhere)

It took about an hour to do in the branch in the Omni Centre. He also went through the report with me, explaining the process.

Mine had lost 20% of the gas and 80% oil.
    They test it. Take out the old gas. Refill it and test it again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

This is a follow on from a Bargain Request.
    Fastfit are doing a leakage test and regas of the cars air conditioning for €39.
    Its an extra €10 for an airbomb which cleans the system.(just make sure the cabin is empty as it gets everywhere)

It took about an hour to do in the branch in the Omni Centre. He also went through the report with me, explaining the process.

Mine had lost 20% of the gas and 80% oil.
    They test it. Take out the old gas. Refill it and test it again.

Thanks wonder if I'll get to one in time! Don't suppose you know how long the offer is on for? They are hardly open on sundays not much info on the website! Driving through athlone tomorrow and sunday but won't have time to stop tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Cool.. Been meaning to get this done for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

open Sunday but call them for times.I think its their standard price but not certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

open Sunday but call them for times.I think its their standard price but not certain.

Defo not a bargain alert as in that's the regular price, but I got this done recently with them and would have no bother recommending them.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Defo not a bargain alert as in that's the regular price, but I got this done recently with them and would have no bother recommending them.
    why ?
    whats the point of this process, i dont understand

• Advertisement

if others are charging more than fast fit then in my book its a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

if others are
    charging more than fast fit then in my book its a bargain
    I just got it done in Santry, you wouldn't buy the equipment and gas for twice the money to do it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

How ofen are you supposed to get the regas done?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

pissed wrote: »
    How ofen are you supposed to get the regas done?
    When it's not working good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I'm in fastfit right now waiting for mine to be done. Thanks op!I just Hope the condenser isn't fecked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Might be a regular price but when other operators are charging a lot more then it is a bit if a bargain. I recently handed over €110 for a regas and one of them bomb things. If I'd known I'd have gone there. Even with the price of fuel I'd still have saved a good few quid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

That is a bargain indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

So its not a bargain then??

Where else does it for better/cheaper than 39 euro then??????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

paddy147 wrote: »

Use more question marks.

Fast fit themselves do the regas and "bomb" for €39.95 instead of €49.95 if you are an axa customer. Since that is 20% off the standard price, then I would consider that to be a bargain alert instead of a standard listed price.

No doubt I am wrong though :rolleyes:

paddy147 wrote: »

Use more question marks.

Fast fit themselves do the regas and "bomb" for €39.95 instead of €49.95 if you are an axa customer. Since that is 20% off the standard price, then I would consider that to be a bargain alert instead of a standard listed price.

No doubt I am wrong though :rolleyes:

39 as opposed to 110 is also a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

good price!!! but have to admit this is kind of a big scam....they take the refigerant you already have in your car....take it out....then put it back in with a little bit more and add some oil

good price!!! but have to admit this is kind of a big scam....they take the refigerant you already have in your car....take it out....then put it back in with a little bit more and add some oil
    your point being?
    it takes machinery and skill most of us don't have.
    it tests the coldness which diy can't do.

if people don't think its a bargain then shut up and ignore the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

your point being?
    it takes machinery and skill most of us don't have.
    it tests the coldness which diy can't do.

if people don't think its a bargain then shut up and ignore the thread.

i said i t was a good price...i was only educating people on what is actaully done and what they are paying for.. unless the aircon is blowing out warm air its not worth regasing thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

i said i t was a good price...i was only educating people on what is actaully done and what they are paying for.. unless the aircon is blowing out warm air its not worth regasing thats all

Surely it's worth spending €39 now instead of waiting till ur aircon is blowing out hot air and having to spend a fortune on repairs etc.. Same logic in getting a car serviced...

Ah right that's the regular price, cool, no panic on getting it done so! I'll get round to it at some stage!

• Advertisement

Ah right that's the regular price, cool, no panic on getting it done so! I'll get round to it at some stage!

I never said that :-) call them to check.

I never said that :-) call them to check.

Think somebody else said it up above, not holding you responsible! yeahl i'll call them! Although it's moved down my priority list as I locked the key in the boot yesterday and ended up having to but a rock through a window to get into the car, so I'll replace the window ahead of the regassing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It is the regular price - and a good deal if you need it.

They will try to sell you the airbomb even if you don't need it.

Was your car a/c emitting a bad smell?

Yes = airbomb a good idea.

No = you don't need to spend the extra €10.95.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

. unless the aircon is blowing out warm air its not worth regasing thats all
    bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭POKERKING

My aircon stopped blowing out ice cold air when its turned on a few years ago, its just blowing out same air as if no air con and heater was turned to cold air, does it need to just be re gassed? its an 08 hasnt had cold air since prob end of 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

POKERKING wrote: »
    My aircon stopped blowing out ice cold air when its turned on a few years ago, its just blowing out same air as if no air con and heater was turned to cold air, does it need to just be re gassed? its an 08 hasnt had cold air since prob end of 2010.
    Most likely, yes, although the problem could be elsewhere. Count yourself lucky that our crappy climate doesn't demand a cold air cabin too often.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

only 4 of the Fastfit/Firststops (different to other Firststops) are open on sundays with a 2 man crew. If neither man is trained in the AC then they may not be able to do it.

AC needs to be regassed(in most cases) 2 yearly but refer to manufactors spec. Afaia car manufactors do not fill the AC 100% to save money. so therefore are already in need of a regas. Most AC systems lose 10% yearly, fastfit/firststop do not charge if they cannot improve your AC by 10%. A temp check on the AC is free and can be done within 5 mins or by yourself with a decent thermometer. below 10C is normal afaik

i bought a 2004 car last month and drove home with the AC on and thought if felt farily cold. when i checked with a thermometer it was reading 27C - a regas got it to 6C

a 10% loss over 3/4 yrs would prob go unnoticed by the owner as its so gradual

in reply to the person who said you only need the bomb if you've a smell - the smell may be down to the pollen/cabin filter which the bomb wont /cant fix. what the bomb is good for is clean the internals of the air ducts that would otherwise never been cleaned

despite what you may think, i speak the truth. you can find info on AC servicing on the interweb if you think im spouting rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

I just called FastFit and been told that top-up of the gas, without checking or fixing cost 50 euros.

Which garage it was with 39 euros ?

Tom

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

I just called FastFit and been told that top-up of the gas, without checking or fixing cost 50 euros.

Which garage it was with 39 euros ?

Tom

Every fastfit/firststop

Which one did you ring

Advertisement