Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Man City Aug 26th 4:00pm - Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

We fúckin blew it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Decent result overall, but awful disappointed in the way we threw both leads away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Helix wrote: »
    doesnt that make him jamaican if he's from there?

He is the new John Barnes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Good performance, some very promising signs.

Getting sick of these moral victories though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Bloody hell Martin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Sterling like a little child trying to swap shirts with Tevez :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Great game, really enjoyed it, was depressed for ages at Skrtls back pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Melion wrote: »
    Sterling like a little child trying to swap shirts with Tevez :D
    He is a little child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

Pool left it behind them , city were there for taking.

Good man Martin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nice to see the players giving Sterling a tap on the back and Tevez swapping shirts with him. Whilst he played really well and didn't look out of place at all he looked extremely happy to be in the company of those sort of players at the end there, at the end of the day he's living the dream really.

You know you're getting old when there's players born in 1994 playing in the Premier League!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would have taken a point at the start but that feels like a loss. Deserved more from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

It will only get better from here Buck has us playing well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

telekon wrote: »
    Good performance, some very promising signs.

Getting sick of these moral victories though.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Loada bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Very encouraging performance and disappointed with the draw, not something I thought I'd be saying a few hours ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Said it before the game and I'll say it again now, happy with a point from a ground we rarely do well at.

All jokes aside, that was completely different to the "Lollerpool" we saw last week and perfomances like that will have them top six-ish. The defence needs work badly because I've never rated Skrtel for his lapses (caught wrong side by Balotelli in the first half and should've been booked, and the backpass). Agger is the key as Coates isn't quite ready yet.

Allen, although overpriced, looked great and will be a big player this season. Borini looks ropey.

As for us, lacklustre once more. First half was disgraceful but we picked it up in the second half with Carlos superb throughout, his movement is awesome. Zabaleta was great as well and really should've been on Sterling from the word go.

All in all a great game and enjoyable if nervy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Great game of ball.
    City can count themselves lucky to come out of that with anything.

Who was MOTM for me Allen or Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

gaelicred wrote: »
    Allen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

gaelicred wrote: »

Allen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Great game of football . Made up for the stoke arsenal game .
    Sterling looks really good. Allen was excellent . City look like they havnt realised the season has started .
    Sahin signing seems to have scared Gerrard out of his comfort zone .
    This could be liverpools year . We should be battering mid table teams like spurs and arsenal now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Brilliant performance, great football. It was a joy to watch liverpool play great football, this could be the start of something good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Decent enough performance from Liverpool, but Skrtel and Reina have serious questions to answer, just not good enough.

cloptrop wrote: »
    Sterling looks really good. Allen was excellent . City look like they havnt realised the season has started .
    This could be liverpools year . We should be battering mid table teams like spurs and arsenal now .

I hope you're joking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Des wrote: »
    Decent enough performance from Liverpool, but Skrtel and Reina have serious questions to answer, just not good enough.

Skrtel was excellent bar that one back pass

• Advertisement

We should be battering mid table teams like spurs and arsenal now .

Like last seasons 4-0 win at White Hart Lane....oh wait ya now i remember...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

When you play a tough tight game against other quality attacking teams, games are often decided by set pieces or one breakaway goal, and of course mistakes.

We didn't create all that much and in terms of scoring from open play, which is what you need against worse teams, that didn't fill me with confidence.

For a long time we've had no problem going toe to toe with the better teams - a lot of recent Liverpool sides have been geared around control and that's effective against teams who like to keep the ball.
    Our problem has always been against "cannon fodder" and lower-mid table teams who we out-play but can't beat.

Whether Rodgers can do that remains to be seen.

If we can play with the same tempo and passing against the so called smaller teams i will be very happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I've seem some feeble attempts at trolling before, but this just takes the absolute biscuit!

just seen replay of suarez free kick , bit surprised a keeper of Hart ability was beaten from that far out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Skrtel play football at the back by all means . That was a blind pass . Should have thumped it up the pitch .
    Apart from that he had a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

He is a little child.

:(

I'm the same age as him, and I am not a little child...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

G.K. wrote: »
    He is a little child.

:(

I'm the same age as him, and I am not a little child...

You are 17? Wouldn't have thought it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Terrible performance from City, lucky to get a draw. Manizo needs to forget this 3-5-2 idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If Reina gave a shout for the first goal then both City goals were Skrtel's fault. Maybe he wants the move to City ahead of Agger? :p

It doesn't matter as he made an absolute balls of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

City conceding four from two games is at least good news for united and Chelsea fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

true that.skrtel was excellent, bad back pass but great game other than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

true that.skrtel was excellent, bad back pass but great game other than that.

Likely at fault for the first goal as well.

He was excellent other than those incidents, but if you're a defender and you're at fault for 1, likely 2 goals, it's not good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

City conceding four from two games is at least good news for united and Chelsea fans.

I still dont see us finishing above either Manchester club this season though. Be happy woth 3rd/4th this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Did I say he wasn't? But as a defender you need to be concentrating 100% of the time, and not playing in the opposing striker when you are 2-1 up at home against the champions. he could have been McGrath and Baresi and Beckenbaur all rolled into one out there for 89 minutes, but the second he plays a blind bass to the keeper in a game like that, it's all undone and yes, he needs to ask serious questions of himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ask serious questions of himself - lol. All he needs to do is tell himself to look up in future and realise the situation. He could do with giving Shelvey a roasting as well but I've no doubt Rodgers will do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Well that went as predicted. Jesus if Liverpool could play evety game like they do the big ones they might actually get somewhere. Their paying fans must feel cheated.

Well that went as predicted. Jesus if Liverpool could play evety game like they do the big ones they might actually get somewhere. Their paying fans must feel cheated.

You really are trying too hard Rodger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

rarnes1 wrote: »

You really are trying too hard Rodger.
    Its 100% the truth.Underperforming save for the glamour games is unacceptsble snd betrays something lacking in the general mentality of those involved on the playing side of the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Did I say he wasn't? But as a defender you need to be concentrating 100% of the time, and not playing in the opposing striker when you are 2-1 up at home against the champions. he could have been McGrath and Baresi and Beckenbaur all rolled into one out there for 89 minutes, but the second he plays a blind bass to the keeper in a game like that, it's all undone and yes, he needs to ask serious questions of himself.
    Looking at Swansea last year Rodgers seems to encourage passing it from the back including the keeper, a lot last season in open play they brought it back to the keeper and started again, he may well be working the same idea with pool, and Skrtyel needs to work on it, when it went wrong last year he wud'nt criticize the player just said he'll take it now again as he is encouraging it, either way defender should always have the head up going back to the GK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

And Joe Hart has only made one single save in those two games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

unacceptsble snd

Do you just mash the keyboard with your face, screaming the words you want to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Liverpool played with an intensity today that they will need to maintain throughout the season if they are to challenge at the top of the table. They have for many seasons raised their game against the top teams but failed to do so against the rest.

It will take a high level of fitness for Liverpool to even be able to play like this every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very impressed with Liverpool.

You have the right man in Rodgers, but you need to give him time.

The defining time will come when you go through rough set of results and its then we will see do fans have the patience to accept that for the longer good.

Advertisement