Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Man City Aug 26th 4:00pm - Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well I can't remember one stretching back towards the early nineties anyway...

He may have meant "in the Premier League" alright, he's that type of guy.

It can't be "ever, ever".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Des wrote: »
    Someone in work said to me that City had never beaten Liverpool at Anfield, is this true?

Can't be can it?

He's a dirty liar. We won 2-1 there in May 2003, Anelka got both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

I'll be happy with a draw but fear a City win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Is Mario fit? Would be fun to see him score in front of the Kop only to reveal a t shirt emblazoned with "why always ye!"

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Is Mario fit? Would be fun to see him score in front of the Kop only to reveal a t shirt emblazoned with "why always ye!"

Always ye? I don't get it, he has never scored against Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Des wrote: »
    Someone in work said to me that City had never beaten Liverpool at Anfield, is this true?

Can't be can it?

He's a dirty liar. We won 2-1 there in May 2003, Anelka got both.

Was that the peno at the end and Houllier went mad when asked if it had to be Anelka who took it? He had declined the option to make him permanent the year before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

2-0 liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

5-1 to city, tevez hat trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Hard to make a convincing case for Liverpool against City especially so early in the Rodgers reign, yeah they've a decent record against City at Anfield but City have only been better for a handfull of recent seasons so it's not as striking a stat as it may seem. Can't see a glut of goals here or many chances tbh but you'd have to side with the team who can put them away more regularly than the team who spurn them more often than not. The midfield battle is the most intriguing of the season so far though, one I'm looking forward to.

0-1 Toure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

explain this one because im lost as to what you mean.

and for the game today i am hoping we can at least get a point but against City its going to be very tough.
    Liverpool have to be ruthless with any chances they get today as that cost us last weekend against West Brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I can't see a Liverpool win if Man City score. I think it'll be another day of rueing missed chances. 1-0 City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Not sure if I want City to win and Liverpool stay bottom of the league or Liverpool to win and United stay level with City! Either way should be a good game. I can honestly see Liverpool doing well here today. They will miss Agger a lot! But Liverpool always seem to raise their game for big games so hopefully they can get a draw!

Cracking game instore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I think we will get a result today to be honest. Anfield is a fortress and City were far from convincing in their first game of the season. If Sterling starts, I think he will have a massive game. Suarez will also break his duck.

2-1 Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anfield is a fortress.
    Lol. Cheers for that :D

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Anfield is a fortress.
    Lol. Cheers for that :D
    No, thank you for your inane contribution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You're very welcome.Don't expect to say crazy stuff like that and not be laughed at.
    Is this the same fortress that Wigan,West Brom,Fulham etc. came away with 3 points from last season.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    You're very welcome.Don't expect to say crazy stuff like that and not be laughed at.
    Is this the same fortress that Wigan,West Brom,Fulham etc. came away with 3 points from last season.
    Against the big teams we are generally pretty well geed up. I fully expect us to get a result again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

When do we start talking about the match?

I actually expect this to be a cracker of a game, maybe a 4-3 affair! Can only hope.

Sort it out lads!

Can't wait for this match now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Liverpool team is supposedly

Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Johnson, Allen, Lucas, Gerrard, Borini, Suarez, Sterling

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »

Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Johnson, Allen, Lucas, Gerrard, Borini, Suarez, Sterling

Where's/who's that from?

Sterling starting very interesting if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

amiable wrote: »

Skrtel & Coates. Thank f*ck for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

This looks like it should be an easy win for Man City but Liverpool always seem to put it up to the bigger teams, i'll go for 2-2

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

City 2-1 at 70 mins. Carroll off the bench to level it and hopefully slap BRod in the face for his treatment thus far :pac:

City 2-1 at 70 mins. Carroll off the bench to level it and hopefully slap BRod in the face for his treatment thus far :pac:

Treatment?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

Complete lack of any public support when asked if he will fit in the system, bringing Joe fucking Cole off the bench ahead of him against West Brom, basically not giving the guy a chance after impressive end of last season / euro performances

Complete lack of any public support when asked if he will fit in the system, bringing Joe fucking Cole off the bench ahead of him against West Brom, basically not giving the guy a chance after impressive end of last season / euro performances

So the manager selected what he considered his best team? That is now bad treatment? Fair enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Coates has had **** all involvement so far this season, hopefully this isn't chucking him in at the deep end if the starting line up is for real.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Coates has had **** all involvement so far this season, hopefully this isn't chucking him in at the deep end if the starting line up is for real.

I'm still a little sceptical that it's the real starting 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

this has draw written all over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

this has draw written all over it.

Hope your right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i would love to see Sterling start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

MD1990 wrote: »
    i would love to see Sterling start

You shall get your wish .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Surprised how many Liverpool fans are pessimistic about today. I honestly think this be tough game for City.

Not going be much in it either way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Mr Alan wrote: »

Well I'll tell you what, he won't just fall over like Carra has been doing as of late, I would 100% say it's the right call. I would at a loss if Carra was in the side today.
    That's not to say Coates is going to be absolutely imperious but better than Carra most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm going to stick my neck above the parapet. I think Liverpool will surprise a few people today with their sexy football.
    3-1 (Gerrard, Suarez, Johnson) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Leiva wrote: »
    You shall get your wish .
    is the person who leaked that team reliable?

Official #LFC line-up v #MCFC: Reina, Kelly, Johnson, Coates, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Borini, Suarez, Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

City team (confirmed) Hart, Kolo, Kompany (C), Zabaleta, Milner, Kolarov, De Jong, Yaya, Nasri, Balotelli, Tevez

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Could someone p'm a stream thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC
    #LFC subs: Jones, Enrique, Carroll, Henderson, Carragher, Shelvey, Downing.

Bench looks a bit better than last weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

I do find it strange that Coates didn't get any kind of run out against Hearts and now is thrown straight into this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

You have to admire Rodgers for the team selection, it shows a certain fearlessness that previous managers seemed to lack. The selections of Sterling and Coates in particular could blow up in his face but so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Luap wrote: »
    Could someone p'm a stream thanks.

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

What's up with Silva lately? Is he injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

No Silva or Aguero for Man City so going for a 1-1 draw. Still a strong lineup for City and suprised by the Liverpool starting team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Keep that stirling lad away from de jong .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

cloptrop wrote: »
    Keep that stirling lad away from de jong .

It's Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I do find it strange that Coates didn't get any kind of run out against Hearts and now is thrown straight into this match.

Not really - both him and Skrtel got the week off in advance of a tough game. Would it have been better if we'd played him and tired him out?
    It's a positive sign that he thinks of him as the alternative to Agger, maybe Carra's showing last week off the bench cemented that in his mind.

Delighted that Sterling is starting again, give him a chance to run at Ivanovich! :D (In joke...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Kolo instead of Lescott is a decent one for us i think.

also, Suarez running at Kolarov could see some joy.

Coates being thrown in is a slight worry, but he's an international. he'll be fine.

i'm calling an entertaining enough 2-2 in this though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement