Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it worth it ?

Options
  • 24-08-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

The title might be a bit confusing as im an ex-smoker for the last two years,went from packet a day to zero cold turkey,had two slips in two years time where i smoked couple fags while being drunk.But after all i feel great and healthy since quitting,but reason im typing this is i still miss the punch of inhaling a smoke,its like emptiness while your on a night out and not having a smoke,or coming out at night time into back garden just to take mind off a day. So would it be stupid after such achievement quitting smoking to switch to e-cigs with 0 nicotine fillers ,and would it give the same feeling as a real smoke when inhaling?,or am I being just plain stupid to even consider such option and rather stay away :confused: thanks for any responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I know at least one vaper who uses nic-less juice, and my boss loves having a toke off mine every so often (also an ex-smoker, many years passed).
    Whatever gets you by, really.
    Even if I'd never taken up smoking, I'd still love that sensation.
    Think of it as a safer shisha.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

My uncle who was 6 months smoke free is happily using an Ecig with 0 nic tobacco juice and he loves it!

Even if you did move to juice with nic, it's doing you less harm that sitting behind a car that's in desperate need of a service and inhaling the fumes from that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

did try sisha in the past,is it the same sensation when inhaling ? as i describe its like having water fog in your lungs :) interesting sensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

scamalert wrote: »
    did try sisha in the past,is it the same sensation when inhaling ? as i describe its like having water fog in your lungs :) interesting sensation.

Not the same, no. Vapour finds it hard to permeate your lungs.
    It's more of a back-of-the-throat, exhale-through-the-nose kind of loveliness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Well, to be honest I wouldn't recommend it. You're just breathing fresh air now. Why start to inhale PG and flavouring if you don't need to? I'd prefer not to be inhaling them myself but they're better short term than smoke and there's always the risk that you'd chance some nic juice and get addicted to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I hate to be a killjoy, but if you've kicked them already, then just stick with that and walk away. It could be a slippery slope for you, if you really have to, use a nicotine free e-liquid.

That's just my 2 cents.

The only reason I vape is because I did not want to give up smoking but knew I had to for different reasons like family pressure, expense etc.. You obviously did and were successful at it, why drag yourself down that road again, reminding yourself of what you are missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

two of you are mostly right,i did quit for health reasons mostly,as smoking nearly 30fags a day takes a fast tool on lungs and arteries not to mention being only 26,started 13 :rolleyes: ,probably just going through the stressful time now or just being an idiot :pac: .thx for advices everyone.

Advertisement