Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know about this switch?

Options
  • 24-08-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was replacing a cut cable on a Hedge Trimmer, saw a black and red cable, so presumed black was Neutral and red was live.

On further inspection I realised that the black and red cable were both wired into one connector, while a grey wire came out of the other connector. By this stage I had already stupidly taken out the 2 mains wires so now dont know how to reconnect it!

Is the black and red supposed to be live, or is the grey supposed to be live? I attached a pic.
    Thanks a mil for any help,
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

Hi,
    I was replacing a cut cable on a Hedge Trimmer, saw a black and red cable, so presumed black was Neutral and red was live.

On further inspection I realised that the black and red cable were both wired into one connector, while a grey wire came out of the other connector. By this stage I had already stupidly taken out the 2 mains wires so now dont know how to reconnect it!

Is the black and red supposed to be live, or is the grey supposed to be live? I attached a pic.
    Thanks a mil for any help,
    Brian

By the look of your picture, i'd say the live goes to the grey wire. This is so the live will be switched through the micro-switch.

Advertisement